+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6558Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks for the info, PGM. I already told my MD I didn't want to take any heavy-duty meds because it's not driving me totally nuts yet. I'm going to try the OTC meds Pikachu recommended and see if that helps. I haven't flown since I noticed these symptoms, but will take a five hour flight in two weeks from today. I always take Xanax to help with my flying phobia, so I'll see if that relaxes my feet too.

My house was 78 degrees at 5:00am this morning (from yesterday's heat)! And we have another scorcher today. We NEVER have this kind of heat in the Springtime! Somthing's Up with the weather!!
    Last edited by Punkin; 05-14-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That med that Pikachu recommended gets a lot of good reviews on Amazon.com!
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    It is 103 degrees this mid afternoon in Costa Mesa, CA. I have a news station on and they are jumping from fire to fire to fire in LA and San Diego counties. Scary times.
    Very scary. This is supposed to be "May gray" with clouds most of the day and temps in the low- to mid-60s.
    We're 2530 miles (so far) south / west of the nearest fires. Safe, but too close for comfort, and tomorrow's weather is predicted to be the same as, or hotter, than today's.
    Glad that our renters' insurance is current...
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My sister has a place in Carlsbad that is about 1.5 miles from an evacuation zone. I am hoping that things improve in the night.

It is hot here in Oregon, too, but I live in an area that has gotten quite a bit of rain lately, so this sunshine is making my tomatoes and peppers get a move on.
    Punkin likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I feel bad for all of you all in CA with the fires and the heat. We're having very weird weather here in SE Louisiana...very little rain for April and the first part of May, which are usually quite rainy. Then over the past four days or so, we've had about 6+ inches and the low tonight/this a.m. is right around 50, which is about 15 degrees cooler than average. I'm not complaining, but just think it is very strange.

ECM, regarding the search for a dress, I recommend looking into what you can find from Calvin Klein's department store line, like at Macy's and the sort. Sleeves are always a huge deal for me, but sometimes I can find a nice little sweater/shrug kind of deal if the dress doesn't come with one. What I like about the CK dresses is that, even when sort of fitted, they still have a bit of stretch/give to make up for "problem" areas. I lost weight and still had the stomach lumpy problems, but even the sheath style dresses gave enough that I didn't have to go the Spanx route. And congrats on your weight loss! I wish I could do as well as you.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Suddenly, California doesn't seem so charming and jealousy-inspiring, like Californians might like to make us think. I guess this just goes to show that everyplace has its problems. I'll take my seasonal changes, any day, over those temps and hideous fires. I don't see anything charming about my high heat and humidity, though. When it sets in, and it's not here now, it can be merciless, for me.

Clothing wise, when I need to be assured of finding something, I have a particular store that has NEVER failed me. It's called Steinmart. It is a special place, a last minute place.
    For me, it has become one-stop shopping and gets me lots of compliments. It is reasonable, and I don't see myself coming and going. It broke that running from store-to-store thing that I used to get caught up in. If you can find one near you, I'd suggest you check it out.

There's also the smart option of having something made for you. That, too, doesn't have to cost an arm and a leg, and the fit will be worth it. Ask around and I'll bet you will come up with some names of people who are trying to make their way into the field, in various price ranges.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-15-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ECM - I read a great recommendation for Dress Barn the other day. I have never set foot in the one in my area simply because I haven't had the need. However, I do know that the stores are HUGE so they have to have a pretty big selection. The dresses in the window always look to be of decent quality, and they cater to all body types.

I also like the idea of a light shrug if you don't find a dress you like with sleeves!

I hate places that are so large as to be overwhelming. The good part about that is that only a fairly limited area applies to you, but you've got to go in there and figure out what area that is. I always go in those places and think "Well...here we go." I always wish it was a couple of months down the road and I was already past that part of it. It's great that you are starting early.

If the fires come near your neighborhood, you will get a warning from the fire dept., right?

We are having severe storms here today and throughout the night. Severe storms are likely this evening, which bums me out since there are a couple of tv events that I will miss if the cable goes out.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thank you all so very much for all of your suggestions. I think I found the perfect gown today. It fits me to a tee, except the length of course. It will have to be altered once I get my shoes. My aunt had a suggestion that a good seamstress could fashion some sort of sleeve out of the excess fabric and I am going to look into that. In the meantime I bought a black satin pashmina to wrap around my shoulders. I am going to my aunt's house next week and she is going to give me her opinion on both dresses.

This dress I bought in Macys last week but it is in purple, not navy, like the photos shows.

And this is the one I purchased today, which I absolutely love. It's black, but the wedding reception venue is going to across the street from Central Park, in NYC, at a very fancy hotel. My cousin, the m.o.b, has assured me that many guests will be wearing gowns and/or black.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread