+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7294Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My son and daughter stopped on their way moving back to Florida and took us out to eat for breakfast. My other son took us out to eat for dinner. I'm so thankful to see them both in the same day!!
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, Brooks and 5 others like this.

This has been a very interesting thread (the birth control stuff). I'm 60 and no kids so I never had to deal with whether a daughter of mine would be as stupid but lucky as I was as a teenager. At least I grew up during a period when shame was more of a deterrent.

I don't get the part about pushing the shot. From what I just read about it, it seems like a great way to seriously affect a developing woman's hormonal system. An unknown risk of that magnitude isn't "safe".

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My son lives several hours away but doesn't visit much. This morning he called to wish me happy mother's day and asked what I was doing today. I told him I was going to do some gardening and try to get my screen house up, but that it was really a two person job. He offered to come help and I said that wasn't necessary, but then I heard his car horn simultaneously over the phone and in my driveway. He had been at a wedding yesterday and stayed over with the other guests a half hour away and decided to swerve over to my house before heading home. He helped me put up the screen house and move all the furniture in it and then took off. What a wonderful surprise. My daughters called me at 2 a.m. from a club after going to see comedian Eddie Izzard live in Boston. Not such a great surprise. They do that all the time for my birthday, etc. I don't know why they think it's so funny to wake me up in the middle of the night.
    Great story about your son. How sweet. And regarding why your daugthers think it's funny to call you in the middle of the night. I know. lol

EastCoastMom, Congratulations again on your weight loss. It's so incredible. If you would like, I'd be happy to look around for a style of dress that might suit you online. This might help with that dress you want to buy before your event in September. I'll PM you about more details of your taste and body type.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hey, Gut.....I know why your daughters think it's funny to call you in the middle of the night......because they know it aggravates you!!! I'm sure they even imitate your voice and give your speech, word for word!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What I meant is that when you're out partying and having drinks, it makes you think that others would welcome your call in the middle of the night. It seems like a good idea at the time. lol
    Punkin and CantGetNuf like this.

Naw - they just like to bust my butt.
    One of them said, "Thanks for carrying 9 months in your belly".
    Punkin, CantGetNuf and Debb70 like this.
    Count your blessings!

It will be 90 degrees here (NC) today!

I wanted to add about my wonderful sons that the one that took us out to dinner declared on facebook that he is the "winner". I, of course, reminded him that I never played favorites!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    This has been a very interesting thread (the birth control stuff). I'm 60 and no kids so I never had to deal with whether a daughter of mine would be as stupid but lucky as I was as a teenager. At least I grew up during a period when shame was more of a deterrent.

I don't get the part about pushing the shot. From what I just read about it, it seems like a great way to seriously affect a developing woman's hormonal system. An unknown risk of that magnitude isn't "safe".
    Ultimately, putting any artificial chemicals or aparatus into your body is more dangerous than not. There's risk of what it could do to you with any of it. That includes other immunization shots too, flu shots, etc.
    But you have to weigh those risks with the risks of not using anything.

I've always said I'd rather have a teen on birth control than a teen who's pregnant.
    No matter how we raise them or what we tell them, in the end, they're going to do what they choose to do & we can't control that. What we can at least try to control is prevention.

Birth control has been a boon to women. Both to avoiding teen pregnancies and controlling the number of children any woman has. Just like immunization innoculations have been a boon to avoiding many diseases.

Drugs are put through all sorts of testing nowadays before they are allowed to be used on the public. This doesn't mean they are all 100% safe all the time for every person, nothing is. But I'd rather take that risk than the other options.
    Punkin, prhoshay and Debb70 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This may sound not too cool, but I am still ticked off at my mother for dying at 57.
    I was briefly ticked off at my sister for dying at 20 (as if she had any idea she would die that young). Twenty years have passed.

We need our moms; and you have friends who still get to have theirs. I know.
    Punkin likes this.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread