+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've gotten 2 new bank cards this year, due to the compromise situation, but there has been no activity on MY card. I am nosing around my on line site every couple of days, so I stay on top of what's happening with that pretty well. My credit union seems pretty diligent. So far, I've never been unhappy with them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I told my kids all I wanted for Mother's Day is for them to help me in the yard. Mother Nature has always liked messing with my plans so she scheduled rain all weekend.
    A nearby town holds a big arts and crafts festival on the second weekend of May, Oct, and Nov. I feel bad for all of the vendors and the people who planned to go this weekend. It is always a good way to get into the gardening season. I usually always get some pretty doodad to decorate my porch with. I didn't plan to go this year but I still enjoy driving by and watching all the festivities. And usually they have excellent weather. I think the weatherman said tomorrow might be salvageable. For their sake I hope it is.
    Ya'll have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!
    Punkin, Kip and Debb70 like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I think there comes a time when you no longer want "stuff" for holidays. I prefer something getting done that I don't have to do myself. The last thing I want is something else to dust or move around!

I'd rather have a memory than a tangible!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, Happy Mother's Day to all you Mothers. Whether your child is the human kind or a furball, have a special day tomorrow!
    Kip, PGM35, Baby's Breath and 1 others like this.

I am mother to both! Realistically, there are times when I actually prefer the furballs! They can be a little more loyal.
    Punkin likes this.

Oh my, I had great success today. I found a great dress with matching jacket for my mom. It's very fashionable and I was a little worried she would like it, since she's on the traditional side. (She's 73 years young.) Since I thought she might want to wear the dress tomorrow to church, I went ahead and gave her the dress. She loved it! It fit perfectly too. I have a talent of fitting people. Of all the odd talents to have. lol OH, the dress was on sale too! Perfect shopping day.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh my, I had great success today. I found a great dress with matching jacket for my mom. It's very fashionable and I was a little worried she would like it, since she's on the traditional side. (She's 73 years young.) Since I thought she might want to wear the dress tomorrow to church, I went ahead and gave her the dress. She loved it! It fit perfectly too. I have a talent of fitting people. Of all the odd talents to have. lol OH, the dress was on sale too! Perfect shopping day.
    Too bad you don't live closer, Debb. I am having a devil of a time trying to find something for a wedding I am attending in September. Since I had been plus-sized for the last 25 years or so, I have no idea what style looks best on me, having shed 110+ lbs. Not to get too graphic, but there is loose skin and my arms are super flabby. I don't think any amount of toning is going to help and at my age I don't believe the skin is all that elastic and will 'go back.' My diet coach says I have to give it 2 or 3 years to shrink back, but I don't think it will happen. Anyhow, it's hard to find a dressy gown ( it's going to be a very fancy reception) with sleeves. I have tried on cocktail dresses but I am on the short side, super bosomy and don't have the best legs. I am better off in either a dressy pants outfit or a gown. The mother of the bride, my cousin, said several women are wearing gowns, if that would help me out, so I am on a search now. I realize I have a few months to go before Sept, but I may have a knee replacement this summer, and if I do, I can't be worrying about dress shopping.

I'm glad your mother enjoyed your gift to her. My mom has been gone a long time now, having died very young, but I also seem to have a knack for buying my mother-in-law gifts that she likes.
    Debb70 likes this.

This may sound not too cool, but I am still ticked off at my mother for dying at 57.
    Kip and Debb70 like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

{{shay}} I feel your pain. My mom passed at age 55. For a long time I thought it was my destiny to die young, too, but I am 57 now, so I have lived longer than she did. She never saw my younger son born and my older son was only 2 when she passed. For a long time it was very hard whenever I would see a mother, daughter, and grandbaby in a stroller. I was angry, too, for a long time, that my mom never got to experience the joys of being a grandma and that I was left to figure out this thing called motherhood all by myself, without any of her guidance and wisdom.
    prhoshay, Kip and Debb70 like this.

I totally get it.

+ Reply to Thread