+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6177Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

harmoj: Congrats on your great success! Glad to know you are doing better!

Vonna: Was your chiropractor also a kinesiologist? They are the Best!!

Magic Bullet: If you read the direction manual, ahem, it will indicate that there are various things you need to do to get even chopping and such like banging the machine on the counter to dislodge chunks and such. Or stopping it and giving it a shake. It does improve the way it works. You can't just stick anything in it and push it in. See your manual.

myrosiedog: I have fibromyalgia pain constantly. Some times are just worse than others. I think it's not so much the weather that bothers me but when there is a change in barometric pressure, either way. That I'm sensitive to that.

Vonna; I don't think weight gain affects FM. I was pretty skinny when I was diagnosed and have put on a few pounds and it doesn't seem to have had any affect at all.

prhoshay: Have you tried one of those small water injectors from the pharmacy for ears clogged with wax. That might just help change the pressure to let the water out. Ask them about it.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I am trying so hard not to have to go to the drugstore. It's nuts in there at this time of day. I'm loving all of these suggestions. Muduh, I don't even have cotton swabs (my son always fusses because I don't have any), but I do have cotton balls. I think that just might work!

Now that I don't have a "baby" in the house, I don't have a bulb syringe around, but that would be perfect, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I keep a bottle of SwimEar in my swimming bag. Probably cheaper to do the home remedy route, but this is quick and easy and always with me.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2194911;
    harmoj: Congrats on your great success! Glad to know you are doing better!

Vonna: Was your chiropractor also a kinesiologist? They are the Best!!

Magic Bullet: If you read the direction manual, ahem, it will indicate that there are various things you need to do to get even chopping and such like banging the machine on the counter to dislodge chunks and such. Or stopping it and giving it a shake. It does improve the way it works. You can't just stick anything in it and push it in. See your manual.

myrosiedog: I have fibromyalgia pain constantly. Some times are just worse than others. I think it's not so much the weather that bothers me but when there is a change in barometric pressure, either way. That I'm sensitive to that.

Vonna; I don't think weight gain affects FM. I was pretty skinny when I was diagnosed and have put on a few pounds and it doesn't seem to have had any affect at all.

prhoshay: Have you tried one of those small water injectors from the pharmacy for ears clogged with wax. That might just help change the pressure to let the water out. Ask them about it.
    I know that since I lost a great deal of weight, my fibro has gotten better. Less stress on the joints.
    Also I'm thinking that my holiday diet did me in.
    I try to eat protien and veggies. The supplement I am on says that dairy, soy, processed and refined foods, gluten and wheat, pork are all not good for the problem. I manage to succeed about 80% of the time on this "diet"
    But i threw it ALL out the window during Christmas.
    I drink rice milk which is surprisingly good. I use gluten free crackers and I primarily eat meat and fruit and veggies as much as possible.
    So I've probably brought this on myself with stress, diet, not exercising and then the weather plays into it too.

I'm so sorry to hear that there are 3 of us with this dreaded problem. It's NO fun as I'm sure you know.

Wonder if we should start a fibromyalgia support thread??? ANyone? Mods would that be ok???
    I know that I often have questions or just need insight or support. There are so many symptoms and I'm sure the majority of the FORT doesn't want to read about all this. I'm currently facing a problem that I wonder if it bothers the two of you. I'll PM you about it as its definetly not a general discussion problem.

PRHOSHAY: cotton balls work great. I've done that myself and even a soaked paper towel works in a pinch! Just something that you can squeeze and get the solution to drip in your ear.
    OR, do you have a straw? Put one finger over the end of the straw in the vinegar/alcohol and then put the straw in your ear and let the finger off and that should work too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Sure is nice to have somewhere to come with a general knowledge/experience questions and get a number of suggestions. Thanks all!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2194999;
    Sure is nice to have somewhere to come with a general knowledge/experience questions and get a number of suggestions. Thanks all!!
    Gosh, isn't it amazing how much we all know?
    Together, we could probably cure ALL the worlds problems!

Let us know how the ear thing works out.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2193834;
    Me too, actually. I've heard of people bringing their month old babies there. I'm not comfortable with it, but I did hear they treat a lot of problems, including the reflux problem my niece is having.
    I love my chiropractor. She just puts her hands on my back and knows exactly what I need her to do. I go every 3-4 weeks just for maintenance. My insurance doesn't cover it any more, so since I'm paying cash they give me a discount. It's well worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2193834;
    Me too, actually. I've heard of people bringing their month old babies there. I'm not comfortable with it, but I did hear they treat a lot of problems, including the reflux problem my niece is having.
    This post really caught my eye. Do you have any idea why someone would take a small baby to a chiropracter? My husband recently made a few trips to one and I saw this woman being the baby in a few times. I just wonder how they figure out that the baby needs to be there. We soon found out that my husband DIDN'T need to be, but I still wondered about the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2195102;
    This post really caught my eye. Do you have any idea why someone would take a small baby to a chiropracter? My husband recently made a few trips to one and I saw this woman being the baby in a few times. I just wonder how they figure out that the baby needs to be there. We soon found out that my husband DIDN'T need to be, but I still wondered about the baby.
    Good Lord! - People probably worried about every little cry being a pain of some type or maybe the baby's arm looked funny or something.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

You could be right, I just wonder what pediatrician would refer a baby to one.

+ Reply to Thread