+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh, they have my name on the Wall of Honor at our local Ikea. We recently bought new home office furniture there . . . 21 FLAT boxes that are now two desks, two printer cabinets, a 3-drawer file cabinet, a storage unit, and an under-desk file cabinet.

And yet, we're still married!!!
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We're headed off tomorrow on a baseball park trip. I'll still be watching you guys . . . so play nice. And if you're anywhere near KC, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, or Milwaukee, send me a PM if you'd like to see if we can meet for coffee.

I promise, I'm not an ax murderer. I haven't ever murdered an ax.
    Sounds like a blast, AZ. Have a great time! If you ever get to Yankee Stadium, let me know.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We'll probably head to the new Yankee and Mets stadiums next year. And a Broadway show (told you I plan the non-baseball stuff ;-) ).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do people hate to say "no"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why do people hate to say "no"?
    Because they want everyone to like them & think they're wonderful. Appeasement. They're afraid they'll lose friends or maybe not make them at all if they stand up for themselves or refuse to do something that is inconvenient, time consuming, or possibly illegal.

I've noticed that as people get older they are much more willing to give a No answer. Probably because they realize that a friend likes you for who you are, not for what you can do for them. If you lose friends because of it, so what. They weren't your friends to begin with.

Personally I have no problem whatsoever saying it, and haven't for a long time. Often preceded by a "h*ll" and an exclamation point on the end.
    CantGetNuf and Brooks like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I turned into crabby old person on the phone the other day. Another one of those solicitors who kept talking when I politely said sorry...so I had to go with an angry NO and hang up the phone.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I turned into crabby old person on the phone the other day. Another one of those solicitors who kept talking when I politely said sorry...so I had to go with an angry NO and hang up the phone.
    I just politely say: "No thank you. I'm not interested." Then I hang up. I don't give them a chance to engage me in conversation. Just as well for them. I'd make them cry.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I can tell by the number its a telemarketer. I click the phone and hang up immediately. Its usually a number I have asked not to call!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My husband loves to answer the phone to telemarketers and pretend to be a pizza place!

I had a friend who did telemarketing for a while in college. She said, at least for her company, the deal was you keep talking until you get "no" three times. I do the same as Miss Scarlet - I just tell them politely that I am not interested and then I hang up.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    My husband loves to answer the phone to telemarketers and pretend to be a pizza place!

I had a friend who did telemarketing for a while in college. She said, at least for her company, the deal was you keep talking until you get "no" three times. I do the same as Miss Scarlet - I just tell them politely that I am not interested and then I hang up.
    I have tried that, but now they are recorded , that's a great waste of time answering my phone. Its always around super time..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread