+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6766Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

It has been a tradition that we eat a hot dog at every park we visit. After some trips, our cholesterol level was probably through the roof. But we've been on a pretty strict high protein diet for 6 months, so the best we'll probably do is split a dog with no bun.

We've enjoyed seeing the different food offerings in different parks. One ballpark had a local vendor that served fresh steamed corn. They'd slice it off the cob right in front of you, then you could have whatever toppings you wanted . . . butter, jalapenos, etc. Yummy good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It has been a tradition that we eat a hot dog at every park we visit. After some trips, our cholesterol level was probably through the roof. But we've been on a pretty strict high protein diet for 6 months, so the best we'll probably do is split a dog with no bun.

We've enjoyed seeing the different food offerings in different parks. One ballpark had a local vendor that served fresh steamed corn. They'd slice it off the cob right in front of you, then you could have whatever toppings you wanted . . . butter, jalapenos, etc. Yummy good!!!!
    Oh my, that sounds delicious!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Flying? or Driving? Have a great trip, AZ!

(Wish we had a Roadrunner smiley.)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We could stand to have our smilies refreshed and added to.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Flying to KC, then driving in a big lopsided circle.

I'm not the huge baseball fan that hubby is. When we plan, I figure the dates and he gets the tickets (I can read my kindle in any seat, but he likes to watch the game, so he picks the tickets). Then any non-baseball activities are mine to choose. This time, we'll be having meals with several friends around the area, and I'll get to visit Hannibal MO for the Mark Twain stuff, Independence for the Harry Truman stuff, and . . . wait for it . . . our hotel in Minneapolis is right across the street from Mall of America!!!!! ("Yes, honey, we'll be able to walk inside the mall, so it will be perfect for our exercise program." That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.)
    Punkin likes this.

Here comes the hot dog
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Love that!

We talked about hot dogs in the hair salon yesterday!!! How coincidental! I said that I was not a dog fan, that this seems to be a time when loving dogs is almost a requirement. Of course, there were objections; then I said I didn't even like the word 'dog'....but I did like hot dogs!! We all just busted out laughing!!!

I have no idea where that must have come from, except I was hungry and we'd been talking about sandwiches.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We're headed off tomorrow on a baseball park trip. I'll still be watching you guys . . . so play nice. And if you're anywhere near KC, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, or Milwaukee, send me a PM if you'd like to see if we can meet for coffee.

I promise, I'm not an ax murderer. I haven't ever murdered an ax.
    I'm bummed - you're going right around, but skipping Detroit!! Comerica Park is awesome - and the Tigers are currently in first!

We did Detroit two years ago . . . that trip was Chicago (Cubs and White Sox), Detroit, Ontario, Cleveland, and Niagara Falls. (That was MY choice of a stop.)

Later this year will be Baltimore, Washington, Philadelphia, and the Downton Abbey costume exhibit at Winterthur in Delaware.

. . . our hotel in Minneapolis is right across the street from Mall of America!!!!! ("Yes, honey, we'll be able to walk inside the mall, so it will be perfect for our exercise program." That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.)
    ...and when you are done at MoA you can walk across the street to Ikea for some additional exercise!

+ Reply to Thread