+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thank you Eastcoastmom - that was the first thank you I've gotten today.
    Punkin, Ellen, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

It sounds like your son knows his own mind. I think he may know that the school where he is, is not the place he feels comfortable. I certainly knew my mind about things at age 12, but that's not true for every kid.

I am probably biased toward him moving because of two people/situations I know. My ex-fiancee when to a small private Christian school for every year until his jumior year. His older sister graduated from that school. He wanted to move, and his parents moved him to public school. He changed in his junior year of high school and did not regret that decision at all. (I haven't spoken to him in over 20 years, but I would assume he still feels that way.) He was peaceful in that decision.

Conversely, I have a friend who has a son that felt like he didn't want to be at his small Christian school anymore. She didn't allow him to change schools. His older sister (also my friend) thrived at that school, and graduated before he did. His mom has told me that she thought it was the thing to do, to keep him at that school. He's somewhere around 40 years of age and still resents his parents for not letting him move schools. - nevermind that it's time for him to grow up and get over it, which is a whole different story.

If it were me, I would pray about it a ton. I don't think either decision is necessarily the 'wrong' one, but one may be just a better fit for him.

FORT Regular

Wow- Thank you to everyone for all your feedback, advice and experience. You all continue to amaze me how supportive you are. You have given me (and my family) tons to think about. There are pros and cons to both schools so I really just have to go with my gut. I won't know whether it's the right decision until we make it and live it. Thanks again for all your support and advice. I'll keep you all posted.

On to another note--Happy Teacher's Day! Hope all you teachers out there know how much you are appreciated. My son's teacher last year was fantastic! She was new to the school and just came in and made a huge impression on everyone! The thing I loved about her the most was that she made teaching current, she taught life lessons, things the kids could take with them through their school career. It was hilarious. She made the kids fill out applications for classroom job duties. If you preformed them well, you were "paid" (usually with a candy treat) if you didn't, you could get fired. It really motivated the kids. (Unfortunately, she is moving and thus leaving the school...)
    inthegarden and Debb70 like this.

Thank you, ECM!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well, I've dressed for the weather today.....tank top and shorts!!!!! I'm working out of the office, so decided to stay cool. It's supposed to reach 90 degrees today in Raleigh, NC!!!!!!!!!!! This is crazy.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We're headed off tomorrow on a baseball park trip. I'll still be watching you guys . . . so play nice. And if you're anywhere near KC, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, or Milwaukee, send me a PM if you'd like to see if we can meet for coffee.

I promise, I'm not an ax murderer. I haven't ever murdered an ax.
    Punkin, ClosetRTWatcher and Debb70 like this.

I'm sorry Fenway Park isn't on that list. Have a great trip!
    AZChristian likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So am I, Brooks. We did Fenway several years ago, and it's still my favorite. We were there the night Curt Schilling had his 200th career win . . . and since he was a former Diamondback, it was an even bigger thrill. Love the Big Green Monster!!!!

Have a fun trip AZ
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We're headed off tomorrow on a baseball park trip. I'll still be watching you guys . . . so play nice. And if you're anywhere near KC, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, or Milwaukee, send me a PM if you'd like to see if we can meet for coffee.

I promise, I'm not an ax murderer. I haven't ever murdered an ax.
    I have heard Target Field in Minneapolis has some amazing food options - enjoy!!

And at that ax comment!!
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread