+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5838Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Yikes. At least you don't have to wear a corset too....do you?
    Punkin likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Yikes. At least you don't have to wear a corset too....do you?
    Thank goodness no!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Monday or Tuesday for us: after Stinko Cinco de Mayo weekend.
    1800s women: Seriously? Dark colors, long sleeves, two (or more) petticoats, ankle boots and black socks in 90°s+ weather?!! Were you insane?!?!!!!
    I would have been banished or what ever they did in the 1800 to women who didn't obey the rules. I would have grabed my man's pants off the line and worn them or just my petticoat.
    I always feel so sorry for the Amish women that I know. They have to wear hair covers too. It gets sooo humid here in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I would have been banished or what ever they did in the 1800 to women who didn't obey the rules. I would have grabed my man's pants off the line and worn them or just my petticoat.
    I always feel so sorry for the Amish women that I know. They have to wear hair covers too. It gets sooo humid here in the summer.
    In this 90°+ weather, I'm temped to rip off my day cap and wear just my camisole and petticoat...and sandals! (perfectly okay in this century...and quite fetching...)
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It topped out at 86 today and the humidity was low. When is this winter going to end!?!? Really, though, I love it and it should last another week or so. I can take my dogs out and not die inside of 3 minutes.

I don't know about you all, but I'm a huge fan of 48 Hours Mystery and tonight the commercial spot by the MD was about cleaning one's humidifier. I realize that's an issue for a LOT of people, but it cracks me up. I'm all "when the hell is it NEVER humid? People pay for humidity?" I know they do. When I was very young and living in NJ, we had a humidifier. Perhaps I should rent out my house? I'm not working right now and could use the cash. Humidity & snuggly dogs, anyone? We have AC too, so you won't die from heat.
    Punkin likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I visited New Orleans in July, one year. I discovered hell on earth, weatherwise. I enjoyed the people and the food; you all may keep that hideous phenomenon called 'weather'.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Still on the cool side here. I have the heat on.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I don't know about you all, but I'm a huge fan of 48 Hours Mystery and tonight the commercial spot by the MD was about cleaning one's humidifier. I realize that's an issue for a LOT of people, but it cracks me up. I'm all "when the hell is it NEVER humid? People pay for humidity?" I know they do. When I was very young and living in NJ, we had a humidifier. Perhaps I should rent out my house? I'm not working right now and could use the cash. Humidity & snuggly dogs, anyone? We have AC too, so you won't die from heat.
    I saw that same commercial and had to wonder about who needs humidifiers? Maybe in areas of dry heat? I guess there's a lot I don't know about.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been known to utilize one in the winter. Over this super-extended winter, I definitely noticed the lack of moisture in the air, thusly I didn't get much snowfall.....and that was a good thing! A total lack of humidity is very uncomfortable. Heck...we're gonna crab and carp, no matter what. Too much! Too little!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Still on the cool side here. I have the heat on.
    Me too! Here it is May and I have my furnace coming on because its that chilly still. So far here in Southern Ontario, we may have had 1 or 2 days since last month where the temp got above 60 F! Usually we have trees budding, tulips and daffodils blooming and warm balmy breezes--winter just wont let go!!
    Whenever I go to a museum or a place thats set up like a farm from the 1800's, I always wondered how the poor women of the era could stand being so over dressed and covered up! Talk about your burkas, women back then must have died with the heat in summer, esp with how hard they worked at home with no modern appliances or on farms!! Then again, since it was the norm and all they knew, they probably didnt give it much thought.

+ Reply to Thread