+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2194798;
    I wish you continued good health and no more flareups. I have been having one now for almost 2 weeks. And I really think its a combo of stress and weather.

Same here......but of course never to the degree they used to be. I think my flareups are due to the cold weather....and not getting to the gym this last couple of weeks like I should. So why am I just sitting here?....I'm so tired ....and I'm am usually big ball of energy....(in a limited way)...but not with this cold weather..

I Will go to the gym tomorrow!

Sorry to hear of your fibromyagia too. It's a tough condition to deal with at times.....

I just wonder, myrosiedog, if my weight gain has anything to do with it? I was on the slim/average size before fms......not any more.
    Last edited by Vonna; 01-04-2007 at 03:04 PM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Help!! I've got water in my ear that has been there for several days, and I can't dislodge it; holding head to the side and bouncing hasn't worked like it usually does. It's making me crazy. Suggestions?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2194819;
    Same here......but of course never to the degree they used to be. I think my flareups are due to the cold weather....and not getting to the gym this last couple of weeks like I should. So why am I just sitting here?....I'm so tired ....and I'm am usually big ball of energy....(in a limited way)...but not with this cold weather..

I Will go to the gym tomorrow!
    I'm attributing mine to the fact that we don't see the sun anymore and it rains here like we are living in the rain forest. I thought I moved to SC and not Seattle! Was wishing for a pair of LL Bean "duck" shoes for Christmas as I can't STAND to have wet feet and here it seems to stay that way.

Do you take any prescription meds for your fibro? I have been given a couple things that didn't help and am always interested in what other people do for this condition as I'd really like to have more control over it. Not that I want to take a lot of medicines, but geez, something has to help and I'm not interested in masking it in pain medication. Do you find it affects your memory? There are SO many different symptoms and its such an odd disease to me. I'm still learning how to deal with it only being diagnosed about 18 months ago after years of thinking I was crazy and having dr. tell me it was all in my head.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2194827;
    Help!! I've got water in my ear that has been there for several days, and I can't dislodge it; holding head to the side and bouncing hasn't worked like it usually does. It's making me crazy. Suggestions?
    I used to put drops of alcohol in my kids ears when they had water in them..you might try that.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2194827;
    My vet recommends a mix of equal parts rubbing alcohol and vinegar. She says that it is an old remedy for swimmer's ear, and since her daughter was on the HS swim team, I suspect that she knows what she's talking about.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2194847;
    My vet recommends a mix of equal parts rubbing alcohol and vinegar. She says that it is an old remedy for swimmer's ear, and since her daughter was on the HS swim team, I suspect that she knows what she's talking about.
    Did she say when she was done with the treatment she would scratch her daughter behind the ear, give her a dog biscuit, then pat her on the head saying "Good girl, good girl"?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Thanks, all. I'm going to see what works. Rats! Now I need a medicine dropper.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2194829;
    I'm attributing mine to the fact that we don't see the sun anymore and it rains here like we are living in the rain forest. I thought I moved to SC and not Seattle!
    Psst... Miami gets more rain anually than Seattle does A lady who came into my work was shocked, SHOCKED! when I told her that little tidbit of useless information.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2194897;
    I never used one, just use a teaspoon....btw...this is also what the doc told me to use for my daugher....HS waterpolo....so it should work..
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2194897;
    Maybe not. Just get a cotton swab really saturated and put it in your ear, then press the swab a little and it should drip enough to help. I have to use alcohol and peroxide in my deaf ear and I always use a swab.

+ Reply to Thread