+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6440Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    No one likes a bragger

Way too hot here, especially considering I was using the heat less than a week ago. We're expecting mid-90's by the end of the week. Blech.
    Granted, it's not bragging to "complain" about temperatures in the 80's & 90's, but to those of us in the Frozen Northern Wastland, it seems like complaining about something we'd absolutely love to have.
    I hate cold. I hate cold rain. I hate snow. I hate cold wind. I'd absolutely LOVE to be "stuck" with weather in the 80's or 90's. If I was, you'd never hear a single word of complaint from me. I'd be revelling in joy.
    In the later Summer, when we get that weather, I just open up my windows, put on light clothes, & love every minute of it. We get so little of it.

For those of you in Warm Country, just imagine still waking up in May (sometimes even early June) to nasty snow on the ground. Not tons of it, but enough to lightly cover the ground & sometimes streets. All you can think of is "Oh No! Not again!". Then during the day, in the 40's, it's a cold windy drizzling rain.
    It's depressing.

Sometimes, like now, it gets up to the low 60's during the work week, only to have the Yuck come back for the weekend. I'd so much prefer to sit & sweat than this. Until it tops 100, it's never too hot.

I need to move down South.
    Punkin and CantGetNuf like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I was just going to complain about my feet being cold on the first day of May. We're usually already sweating by this point down here. This winter is hanging in like a rusty nail. I wish it would let go already.

I always laugh at southerners who think just because it's summer that it's warm up north. Or they think 70's are going to be a nice change from the 90's we have. I try to tell them they're going to be cold but they're still always surprised.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I just had fillings replaced on the upper left and lower right. My entire mouth, tongue, and lips are numb and in an hour I have to go "babysit" the off-stage musicians at our spring concert. Or I guess would be more accurate.
    Punkin and Miss Scarlet like this.
    Count your blessings!

I recall standing outside the concert hall in Albany, NY one summer day to get tickets and "inside the heart" at a U2 concert once. I couldn't believe how mild it was. I was expecting it to be horrible due to the heat, but it was very nice.

I went to England once over Easter week and when I went up into northern England by train it started snowing! It was beautiful, but I wasn't prepared for that much cold.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Near the OC coast it was 98 degrees today though the wind has died down. Without the wind, when the sun goes down the ground heats up and that is when I have to turn on the AC for my ground floor apt. With temps in the 90's the past few days, I've been able to live with fans, but this evening will be another story.

About the neti pot...make sure the boiled water has really cooled down below warm before you use it. I didn't once and got burned...ouch.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    It's 84 damned degrees in my house right now! And that's not supposed to happen here on the Coast. Not at this time of the year! Who should I talk to about this lousy weather?
    Mid-90s here (coastal San Diego). Not bad for shorts/tees/flip-flops, but miserable for 1800s period attire.
    I lived the first half of my life in Wisconsin: the land of extreme temps. I hate extreme cold; I hate extreme hot. I like what we usually have. (That's why we pay what we do to live here. I want a refund...)

However, this evening's breeze is nice. I hope it's cooler tomorrow, as I have the 2PM walking tour.
    Last edited by Ellen; 05-01-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I just had fillings replaced on the upper left and lower right. My entire mouth, tongue, and lips are numb and in an hour I have to go "babysit" the off-stage musicians at our spring concert. Or I guess would be more accurate.
    As one of the hygienists at my dentist's office told me after I'd had some work done, "If you think you're drooling all over yourself, it's because you are."

I've got some cavities that need to be taken care of, so I'll be in the same boat soon. I just need to remember to eat before I go to my appointment, because I sure won't be able to for HOURS after the appointment!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do the same thing. My hygienist teases me about it and we actually have a huge laugh about it; I tried not to laugh, and then I just lost it! She says it's more healthy to have a wet mouth than a dry one. I laughed until I cried; Thanks for the great appointment, Tiffany! The good part is that I don't go through all that drooling unless I am at the dentist's office!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    And from our "I wish I could be a fly on the wall" department:

Hubby is semi-retiring at the end of the year, moving from management to a part-time position within the same company. Employee A (who works from home in Oregon) recently told hubby that he's selling his house in Oregon and moving to Arizona, and plans to work out of the home office. Since Employee A is not required to make the move, the company may help pay expenses, but has not committed to do so.

Employee B spoke with his colleague, Employee A, on the phone earlier today. A told B that he was selling his house in Oregon and moving to Arizona with his wife and kids to take over hubby's job. As he told B, "I've got this. But don't worry, when I take over, you and Employee C are still going to be part of the team."

Interesting, especially since Employee B already knows that HE has been selected as hubby's successor, but no announcement has been made to anyone outside of the home office. So A just told B (his new boss) that his job was safe when A becomes the new boss. Awkward when he finds out the truth, huh?
    Apparently this guy is really dim.

Hubby talked to him and offered him an open sales position in Colorado. (In other - unspoken - words, "You are NOT the new home office sales manager in AZ.") Told him all of his moving expenses would be covered. So now, A has told B (still unaware that B will be his new boss), "I'm thinking about the offer. I'll give them a list of my demands, given that rent is more expensive in Denver than Phoenix. IF they meet my demands, I'll take Colorado." I'm thinking "demands" is not a good word to use . . . and it appears that rental costs are similar.

I must say, I met this guy before they hired him, and my women's intuition told me that he wasn't someone I'd hire. But I wasn't the one doing the hiring. Neither was hubby.

Well, you have to hand the guy one thing. He certainly does seem to have a lot of self confidence! lol
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread