+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6998Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've only been doing it for years. We are lucky to have excellent water. I wouldn't do it just anywhere, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I must have blocked sinuses. I tried it, but it did not come out the other nostril. I stopped. I'll try after my cold leaves. Or maybe I just have weird sinus passages.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I boiled the water. I went online and they are pretty serious about warning you to NOT use tap water without boiling it. Maybe it's a liability issue.
    I don't be knowing nothing about nothing. But it made me think of a news story I had heard of a boy who died after swimming in a lake. So I googled and this is what I found. Read it and then boil your tap water!!!
    Arkansas girl attacked by brain-eating amoeba while swimming in lake, officials say - NY Daily News

Just going to highlight this part for you:
    In the last 10 years, all 31 people who have contracted the disease have passed away. Twenty-eight of them were infected by recreational water and three others were infected while using contaminated tap water for nasal irrigation.

Read more: Arkansas girl attacked by brain-eating amoeba while swimming in lake, officials say - NY Daily News
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Yep! We have great tap water but I still boil mine before I use my netti pot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Lake water causing problems is not surprising. That kind of water can have all kinds of things and critters in it. You may as well be swimming in the Amazon and meet up with the dreaded "penis fish". Municipal water is tested, treated, and closely monitored multiple times per day. Who is using lake/river/untreated water in their neti pots?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I suppose some people's tap water might come from a well on their property, which has more risk of being contaminated than municipal water.

And we've had times in my area during hurricanes where the city warned us to boil our tap water before drinking it because it could have gotten contaminated.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Closet the fields should be good then. The one we played in Tx. they had a professional team too so the fields were great. Most hotels have laundry areas but not on every floor.
    I got great news a few minutes ago. They are moving all of her games to indoor fields! I didn't even know that was an option!! We will be warm for early and late games and no muddy uniforms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I got great news a few minutes ago. They are moving all of her games to indoor fields! I didn't even know that was an option!! We will be warm for early and late games and no muddy uniforms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great news.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I must have blocked sinuses. I tried it, but it did not come out the other nostril. I stopped. I'll try after my cold leaves. Or maybe I just have weird sinus passages.
    Debb, that is exactly what happened to me last week. I mentioned it upthread. My hubby was laughing as he could not believe it did not work for me. I have a deviated septum, which also contributes to my constant blocked sinus cavity. Unlike you, however, I am not suffering with any kind of hacking cough, nasal drips or scratchy throats. I live in a constant state of stuffiness, which I am used to by now.

Shay, I did talk to the pharmacist but he said with my use of BP meds, I cannot use any type of decongestant and suggested a saline spray.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Debb, that is exactly what happened to me last week. I mentioned it upthread. My hubby was laughing as he could not believe it did not work for me. I have a deviated septum, which also contributes to my constant blocked sinus cavity. Unlike you, however, I am not suffering with any kind of hacking cough, nasal drips or scratchy throats. I live in a constant state of stuffiness, which I am used to by now.

Shay, I did talk to the pharmacist but he said with my use of BP meds, I cannot use any type of decongestant and suggested a saline spray.
    I recall your post about that. I just never considered that I may have a deviated septum. How can I tell if that is what it is? Can a regular doctor tell or is it sufficient if the neti pot doesn't work on me? I'm curious. I know that my entire life I have had a weird thing about water up my nose. Swimming underwater was very difficult for me and I would often hold my nose. When I learned to swim laps and turning your head to the side and coming up for air to the side, I had to wear a nose clip. I wonder if all of that is related.

+ Reply to Thread