+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6395Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

With gasoline prices being so high, I don't think it would be improper to say the gasoline is adding to be $whatever. You can divide it up by 3 or whatever and pay by cash if you have it.

With multiple people, I would pay my share and then add $20 just for your trouble, but that's me. lol

This has nothing to do with any regulations, but if it were me, and the vehicle was someone else's, I'd ask my riders to split the gas/auto expenses. I would not include myself in the expense splitting calculation because I was the driver. That's your sort of "fee" for being the driver. If anyone doesn't like it, they can drive themselves.
    You will be accumulating no wear & tear on your own vehicle. Therefore cost-per-mile doesn't really apply. Only expense directly accrued on that trip. Most likely, just gas. Possibly parking fees.

If there are any meals or overnight lodging necessary along the way, it's every person for themselves.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, Kip and 1 others like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Koffee Klatch

I agree with Miss Scarlett. If it were me 'catching a ride', I'd be happy paying less than bus fare, having more room, getting there sooner, and having better company. You don't say how far you are or how many miles to the gallon the van gets or how many ladies are going but dividing up the expenses related to the actual drive sounds reasonable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A group I am in went to Colorado for a quilt show. We discussed upfront how to handle gas money. There were 3 cars. The owner of the car did not pay for any gas. We added up all the gas receipts for the vehicles and split it equally between the rest. It did not matter whose vehicle took more gas, split equally.
    There's no place like home!

I don't know, if you're going there as a part of a volunteering relationship and you're driving someone else's car, I don't know that asking the others to pay you is right. If I were in that situation, I don't think I'd ask, but then I don't mind driving. If I were a passenger in that situation, maybe I'd buy the driver lunch, but I wouldn't expect to pay them to drive me. I'd pay for my share of the gas too. If you were asked to act as their driver ONLY and you weren't going for any other reason, then I think they should pay you.

JMHO, of course.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish money wasn't an issue for me so I could afford to help my friends for free.

If it were me, I'd make a slightly high estimate of gas expenses. I'd divide the gas cost by the number of passengers, excepting you and the owner of the van ( the van owner deserves compensation for wear and tear on her vehicle). Collect the money up front and put it in an envelope. Every time you stop for gas take the cash out of the envelope to pay for it. Also toll money, if applicable. If the gas tank was full at the start of the trip, refill it just before trips end. Any money left over is returned to the contributors. That's the way my friends and I do it.
    Kip and AZChristian like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

It has been raining, and raining, and raining, AND RAINING here this week. Did I mention it has been raining?

I'm very happy that it is supposed to finally clear up for the weekend. However, my daughter is supposed to have a soccer tournament on Saturday and Sunday. It's about 2 hours away, but they have been getting the rain also. The fields in my town have been closed until further notice due to the saturated fields, but I have no idea how close to the tournament they will wait until they decide if it can be played. I just hope if they cancel they do it in time for us to cancel our hotel reservations!!

Has anyone here had experience with this kind of thing?

My son has played in a few rec leagues, where the tournament is the final event of the season, and they've always played on regardless of weather or field conditions (just called play temporarily to wait out lightening)... it can become a total mud pit, but they know fields will be repaired between seasons. But - if your daughter is on a travel team, or if the location hosts games after this particular tournament, I'd bet the league will let you all know at least a day in advance if fields aren't playable. If she does play, take a change of clothes, plastic bags for the muddies, and lots of towels for your car interior afterwards. I love watching soccer - good luck to her!
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    remember to play

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    It has been raining, and raining, and raining, AND RAINING here this week. Did I mention it has been raining?

I'm very happy that it is supposed to finally clear up for the weekend. However, my daughter is supposed to have a soccer tournament on Saturday and Sunday. It's about 2 hours away, but they have been getting the rain also. The fields in my town have been closed until further notice due to the saturated fields, but I have no idea how close to the tournament they will wait until they decide if it can be played. I just hope if they cancel they do it in time for us to cancel our hotel reservations!!

Has anyone here had experience with this kind of thing?
    In a case like this, I would make sure to NOT get the "pre-paid, no cancellations" (usually cheaper by a few bucks) hotel rate. Most places will cancel with no penalty if you alert them by 6:00 the day of the reservation.

That much rain? Can't imagine. But I live in Arizona.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

+ Reply to Thread