+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just made an appointment . . . hubby and I are going to Glamour Shots this weekend. They'll do my hair and makeup and take lots of photos. HOPEFULLY, we'll get something worthy of our 50th anniversary official photos.
    You two do the coolest things!
    I have a chronically clogged sinus on my right side because I swim 3 or 4 times a week and do rotary breathing with that side up. I use Swim Ear every single time to get the water out, but it must be in there too far. When I go a week without swimming it clears up.
    I have to do the Neti pot before I get too clogged up when I'm sick or during allergy season because I can't get it through if I let it go too far. It really helps with itchy eyes.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

AZ, how fun!

Debb, sounds like a good idea to see the doctor. Last fall my sister had a horrible cough she thought was allergies, but after 3 weeks, she broke down and went to the doctor. Turns out she'd picked up pertussis, even though she was vaccinated at a kid. Good luck at the doc!
    AZChristian likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm steering clear of decongestants, but I don't think I need them. I'm breathing okay. I'm properly draining and that's the problem. It runs down my throat and then suddenly it's like a sharp stick in my throat and my coughing hits hard.

NEVER MIND what I said earlier. I had two more recent coughing episodes and I don't intend to put up with many more of those. Regardless of what it is, I need more than over the counter. I just made an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow.

[/B]Maybe they won't do much, but at least I can perhaps get something stronger for coughing.

I rest my case. That'll be 5 cents, please!

(I played Lucy Van Pelt in a high school skit! )
    inthegarden and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've never heard of pertussis. Actually, I have, but thought it was a cough syrup. I'll be sure to mention they check that out.............I checked it out. It's what is commonly referred to as whooping cough. It can be pretty nasty. And like you said, vaccinations don't afford complete protections. You can still get it later on.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-29-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I got the pertussis vaccine a couple of years ago. Whooping cough is one of those things that adults can pass on to children. The cough syrup is Pertussin.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I've never heard of pertussis. Actually, I have, but thought it was a cough syrup. I'll be sure to mention they check that out.............I checked it out. It's what is commonly referred to as whooping cough. It can be pretty nasty. And like you said, vaccinations don't afford complete protections. You can still get it later on.
    Yeah, there's been a huge upswing in it lately. My friend was pregnant a few years ago and it was so widespread that she had to get vaccinated again before the baby was born - and so did her husband and parents . . . anyone who was going to be regularly around the baby.

Update with the doctor. I'm glad I went because this morning my throat and head started hurting in addition to the other stuff. It's difficult to believe a cold can make you feel this bad, but I guess it does. I don't have strep or the flu, which is great. I have fluid in my ears and sinus blockage. I got a prescription inhaler for when I have a bad attack. Apparently, the coughing triggers throat spasms. That's what I've been having. I also got a prescription nose spray for my sinuses. He said to keep taking the Mucinex DM. It's the best.

Oh, I bought a netti pot. I think I'm set.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

Good Girl, Debb. When I have a really bad cough I get cough syrup with codeine from my doctor. Makes everything feel better! Everything!

We talked about that, but since I have the inhaler, which can slow down your breathing, he was concerned about giving two meds that slow breathing at once. Oh, I have tried codeine cough syrup before and it didn't phase me. In fact I still have almost a full bottle left over. I guess I have super duper coughs or something! lol But, he said that if it continues, that he will call it in anyway.
    Punkin likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I could use some advice from my lovely forum friends.

I'm going to be going to a convention in Tampa in June and giving a ride to some of my friends from the Council of the Blind. I'm not sure how much to charge them. I don't think it's fair to me to just have them divide up the cost of the gas between us. I think I should get something for my time and for saving them the cost of taking a bus or arranging other transportation. I don't want to overcharge my friends but I don't want to shortchange myself, either. Is there a way I can figure out a fair price to charge them?

To make things more difficult, I was planning on taking my car but one of the ladies wants me to take her van so we'll have more room. So does that mean gas money should go to her? If so, what do I get paid then?

+ Reply to Thread