Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I use the Netti-pot in April. And many of my friends do too
    I don't have allergies, I still use mine. Its helps when its really dry
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My white car is coated with yellow powder.......read "tree pollen"!!! Today, I heard the term "pollen vortex", which means that many, many plants are releasing pollen simultaneously.

Oh Goody.
    Being a little further south, we had the pollen vortex start at about mid March. My black car was suddenly yellow one morning. Needless to say, I've been looped out on allergy drugs (all of them make me drowsy, just to different extents) for a while. It has been getting better lately though, so there is hope!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Staying at a hotel for a few days - I vacation while hubby works. Yesterday, as I was leaving to go shopping . . .

10:00 - Stopped at front desk. "I'll be out for a few hours, so my room is empty and can be cleaned . . . "
    1:00 - Return to dirty room. See housekeeping supervisor in hall. "I'll take my laptop down to the lobby for an hour so my room can be cleaned." She says, "Okay."
    2:00 - Return to dirty room. There are still housekeeper carts in the hallway, so I figure they just didn't get there yet.
    3:00 - Leave for what I know will be several hours. Stop at front desk. "My room still hasn't been cleaned, and I'm getting a little concerned. I've been "forgotten" before, and I don't want to come back to a dirty room." Young man at desk gets on walkie-talkie to housekeeping. She confirms that she knows the room is dirty, and that they won't forget.
    5:45 - Return to dirty room. No housekeeping carts visible (of course, they've all gone home). Call front desk, ask to speak to manager. She offers to come up with clean towels. "I don't want clean towels. I would like my room to be cleaned, my bed changed, etc. Or I can leave now and go to another hotel. Clean towels are not going to satisfy THIS unhappy customer." Apologies abound. I tell her we're going to the workout room for about 45 minutes. She says, "That's perfect. We will be in your room cleaning right away."
    6:30 - Return to CLEAN room, containing free bottled water, two free drink vouchers for the bar in the lobby, and 2,500 bonus points on our Hyatt frequent stayer card.

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall as they were speaking to housekeeping this morning.
    Punkin, Ellen, Photobabe and 1 others like this.

Who knows what kind of reprimand the housekeeping staff got considering it was a MANAGER who initially offered only clean towels after you had repeatedly asked for your room to be cleaned. I'm glad you got a clean room and some compensation for your frustration.
    Debb70 likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

This makes me wonder what the hopusekeepers were thinking! They knew that someone wanted that particular room cleaned, so when it wasnt, it was going to be quite noticeable! Maybe they are used to do this, used to getting away with skipping rooms. Really whoever's responsibility it was to do that room should be fired.

Does anyone here have a United (Airlines) Mileage Plus Visa card? We each have one and have flown free to New Orleans twice and Las Vegas. A couple of months ago my card had 8275 miles available and his had 16,200. Now, in less than 2 months, I have 27,000 and he has 24,000! Big purchases put on the cards? No. United now has "Opinion Miles Club" where you can go online and take surveys there for 50 to 60 miles per survey! We have nothing better to do and have become addicted to taking surveys on everything under the sun to rack up points! If you have a United Miles card you might want to look into that. Or see if your mileage card from another airline has such a method for building up miles. At this rate we will each easily have the 50,000 points it costs for a round trip domestic flight anywhere we want to go.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Who knows what kind of reprimand the housekeeping staff got considering it was a MANAGER who initially offered only clean towels after you had repeatedly asked for your room to be cleaned. I'm glad you got a clean room and some compensation for your frustration.
    This is a brand new hotel, but part of a large chain. And the manager said in her note that she was embarrassed by the incident. Pretty sure that Housekeeping will be called on the carpet. They're the ones who seem to have dropped the ball.
    Lil Bit likes this.

AZChristian. Sounds like you had to get them straight. I'm glad you did. Too bad your day had to be full of constantly reminding other people to do their job. You shouldn't have to do that as a paying guest. It's good they tried to make amends.

What you experienced with the hotel happens in many areas of business and government. I see it all the time. People think I'm over doing it when I call two and three times to confirm that a clerk has handled a file properly or if the jail has released my client. I have to REMIND people that there are two addresses for the person to be served and they are highlighted in yellow. The number of times that I have had to email and/or fax a document to someone about the same matter over and over is unreal. They still haven't take care of it. Phone company, lawyer's agency, dental insurance, etc. It's unreal. It's as if no on is home.

I
    Miss Scarlet and AZChristian like this.

I work at a pharmacy and you have no idea how many times a day we have to contact a doctor to get correct directions for a medication or to remind the doctor that the patient has an allergy to a med or there's an interaction between two meds that a patient is taking. It's actually quite scary considering the consequences. Then the patient comes in and is mad as HELL at us because they have to wait longer than 10 minutes to get their script. Of course it's our fault.
    Punkin, AZChristian and Debb70 like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've lost 5 lbs. in 6 days! (I'm mostly peeing it off at this point, what with 8 - 10 glasses of water a day.) We haven't had a beach vacation for a few years and next month we are going for our 10th year anniversary. I don't want to even look at my bathing suit quite yet. This is the diet I intended to start Jan 1st, but couldn't quite motivate myself until I saw my SIL last weekend and she told me she's lost 8 lbs. Whaaaaat?(She and many other family members will be on vacation with us.) I found my motivation! Now it's a contest!
    Lil Bit, Brooks, Jamie5632 and 5 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread