+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5955Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The real pollen is getting me here. I'm sneezing like crazy this morning. I checked Zyrtec prices at Costco and they were still quite pricey. I think I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and get them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The real pollen is getting me here. I'm sneezing like crazy this morning. I checked Zyrtec prices at Costco and they were still quite pricey. I think I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and get them though.
    I started buying the generic version of Zyrtec at Target. It has worked just fine for me and I think it's about half the price. Online they are listing a 180 count bottle for $32.99.
    up&up All Day Allergy Relief Tablets - 180 Count : Target
    Debb70 likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Costco and Sams also often have their own brand, which is a LOT cheaper. Check the ingredients label!
    Debb70 likes this.

I had heard the store brands were not as good, but I guess it won't hurt to try them.

For those who can, please send a prayer for my mom. She's having some tests tomorrow. Hopefully, things will go just fine. She's a very anxious person and that concerns me. She'll be sedated, so I think things will go smoothly. We're hoping for good news.
    Punkin, Brooks and inthegarden like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Debb . . . if the ingredients label is identical, so is the product. Many drugs start out as prescription-only. After the patent expires, they are available for over-the-counter. The big drug companies spend lots of money on advertising and fancy labeling, and they charge more. Generic products are in plainer boxes with no advertising, so they can be sold for less. Many times, they are manufactured in the same plant. The only difference is the packaging. The FDA would not let stores sell inferior medications; they must be what the box says they are.

The same manufactures as named brands, make no name brands or company brands for them.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I use the Netti-pot in April. And many of my friends do too
    You can do it!

I second the neti-pot. It is fantastic for sneezing, congestion, and sinus discomfort!! Unfortunately when there is so much pollen that my eyes start itching, I am forced to go for actual meds.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I get my Wal-Zyr from Walgreens. Allergy medicine drawback is the sleepy factor. I've started using my prescription nasal spray, Fluticasone. Controls the symptoms and does not make me sleepy. It can give you thrush on your tongue, though. My doc says to rinse my mouth after I spray; I've also found that swishing with warm salt water knocks out the thrush overnight. Thrush is disgusting looking.

Wal-Zyr is generic Zyrtec
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for those tips. I'll use them.

+ Reply to Thread