+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What is a color run?
    It is run, usually 5K, in which people periodically throw a colored corn starch powder at the runners. Participants are not technically required to "run". You can walk and there is no timing. I think the photos give a much better idea than I can...
    ETA - I didn't realize that link directed to Facebook. Here is a better one!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=colo...w=1450&bih=933
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

These people look like dyed Easter eggs! Hope you all get to do it! That brings out the "Aw-hell-no!" in me. Grumble Gertie, signing off!
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    It is run, usually 5K, in which people periodically throw a colored corn starch powder at the runners. Participants are not technically required to "run". You can walk and there is no timing. I think the photos give a much better idea than I can...
    ETA - I didn't realize that link directed to Facebook. Here is a better one!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=colo...w=1450&bih=933
    My girlfriend did one in Toronto, they had a blast! enjoy!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Looks like one of the annual celebrations in india. I've never seen it here, but looks really fun! Do it! And take pics!
    Ellen likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My white car is coated with yellow powder.......read "tree pollen"!!! Today, I heard the term "pollen vortex", which means that many, many plants are releasing pollen simultaneously.

Oh Goody.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Recall when I posted upthread about my colleague's dad who was kidnapped from NC and taken to GA in a plan masterminded by a gang leader in prison for life? The dad of the assistant District Attorney was held captive for 5 days, where he was hit with taser and beaten. It was believed it was for retribution against his daughter. The FBI rescued the dad after a wire tap heard the prisoner to kill the dad and dispose of his body

Update. They have discovered that the daugther, my colleague, was the intended target. The kidnappers went to the wrong house. They expected to find her there, but took dad when he came to the door! This is so shocking. They also learned they were also going to kill a defense attorney! I wonder who that was.

9th suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping surrenders | abc11.com

What I want to know is, why do prisoners have so much freedom that they can arrange, from prison. a kidnapping? Crazy. I hope these jerks get the maximum sentence. I wonder what they would have done to the assistant DA had they managed to capture her instead of her dad.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Whew, Debb! That's hairy! We're so used to seeing such stories on cop dramas on TV, but you'd never expect to know a real victim of such a crime. Little did these perps know (I'll bet it may be the case), but there are so many ways the police know how to trace where you are through photos and cell phones. Maybe if these criminals spent a little less time out gang banging and stayed home to watch TV at night, they'd be better versed in forensics and police tactics. Like we are!

Happy news that they rescued him. It must have been horrible and frightening for him, but he'll have a whale of a story to talk about for some time to come! I shudder to think of what would have happened to your colleague had they managed to capture her! Thanks for bringing us up to date on this story!
    Debb70 likes this.

She says she will return to her job, but I can't imagine she will. I would think she would move far away and change her occupation. That's scary stuff.

Taking a cell phone into a jail or prison is illegal in NC. We are very careful about that when visiting prisoners. I suspect this prisoner must have gotten his phone through an inside person in the prison. It will come out eventually.

I'm curious as to who that defense attorney is they were going to kill and why they changed their mind about that.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My white car is coated with yellow powder.......read "tree pollen"!!! Today, I heard the term "pollen vortex", which means that many, many plants are releasing pollen simultaneously.

Oh Goody.
    My eyes itch like mad today!!

+ Reply to Thread