+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7281Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You've all helped me so much. I can't express how much it's appreciated. She's seeing a therapist today to help her deal with this. She decided to go after she dropped to her knees and begged him not to leave her . I was so dang mad when she told me that. I wanted to yell at her but instead I suggested she go speak to somebody.
    I can't even imagine how my baby girl feels. I can't eat or sleep and I'm constantly crying so I can only imagine the pain she must be feeling. It kills me that I can't make her feel better.

I want to go off on him sooooo bad but nobody will give me his new number. I swear, if I was more mobile, I'd go sit at his work and wait for him. I need to tell him how much I hate him but I know that will just make it worse. I need to make it better for her, not worse but I need to go off on him for my own peace of mind.

Amanda had a boyfriend in her late teens, early 20s, who I named the loser. He did such a number on her self esteem. I never liked him but didn't know the extent of his emotional abuse until it was long over. After the loser, her self esteem was almost gone. Her husband took the rest of it.
    She's a great person. I don't just say this because I'm her mom, I know its cliche but Amanda would give you the shirt off her back. If you needed a dollar and she only had 50 cents, she would find you the other 50 cents. She doesn't deserve this. No woman does.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Well, I have yet again been notified of jury duty . . . and once again, have not even had to show up. I'd actually like to go through the experience once.

Hmmm . . . maybe they'll throw my name back in the hat and I'll be selected for the Jodi Arias penalty trial. Nah . . . if they asked me if I believed in the death penalty, I'd probably say, "In this case, only if they re-enacted the execution scene from 'The Green Mile' . . . electric chair with no water on the sponge. It's much more gruesome that way." Pretty sure I'd be excused for cause by the defense team.
    captain and Miss Scarlet like this.

How did you get out of jury duty?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

They have us call the night before, and we're told to either show up, or call again the day of (today) at 10:15 in case they need us for an afternoon session. I've been summoned about 6 times in my life, and have never had to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Well, I have yet again been notified of jury duty . . . and once again, have not even had to show up. I'd actually like to go through the experience once.

Hmmm . . . maybe they'll throw my name back in the hat and I'll be selected for the Jodi Arias penalty trial. Nah . . . if they asked me if I believed in the death penalty, I'd probably say, "In this case, only if they re-enacted the execution scene from 'The Green Mile' . . . electric chair with no water on the sponge. It's much more gruesome that way." Pretty sure I'd be excused for cause by the defense team.
    That has happed to me. I so wanted to be on the jury !! can you imagine being asked to be on the Arias jury?
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've been called once. Showed up and sat though other people being questioned. They filled the seats before my time came up. I don't want to sit. Too many nuts in this world. My friend's dad was almost killed recently, because of her doing her job. It's very disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

Finally!!!!!!
    Someone else who feels the way I do about jury duty. I've never had it but would love to have the experience. I'd be the best juror they could ever ask for. I'd listen intently to every word & even take notes if permitted. I'd do my absolute best to be thorough & fair.

I got the notification to appear one time, Federal Court. I was so excited. I picked out what I felt was my best serious intellegent juror outfit (this from the woman who went out & bought a divorce hearing dress , but that's another story). The day before the trial I got a notice saying I "wasn't required to appear". I actually called them up to ask if I just wasn't "required" to appear, meaning I could if I wanted to, or if the trial was cancelled. She told me the trial was cancelled. I said "awwww, I was so looking forward to this". She thought I was bats.
    Kip and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Regular

AZ, your lucky you haven't gone before. I've been called about 5 times and each time it seems I make it further along. The last time I went, I actually got called into the Jury box and both attorneys asked me questions. Luckily, the case had to do with an HR aspect/firing and I take care of that with my company so the defense attorney let me go right away. I was so relieved. However, recently I got a questionnaire to see if I qualify to be a Federal Grand Juror. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing happens with that. I would hate to have to serve on a federal case. I might just have to use your "Green Mile" reference if need be!
    Kip and AZChristian like this.

With my luck, if I ever do get called, the trial will be for a rapist. The minute I tell them my "lopping" philosophy I'm out the door. And my "lopping" philosophy is no joke. Dead serious.
    Punkin, Kip and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    With my luck, if I ever do get called, the trial will be for a rapist. The minute I tell them my "lopping" philosophy I'm out the door. And my "lopping" philosophy is no joke. Dead serious.
    That's how I feel!!

I have been called twice, and they have phoned me both times to say they settled out of court.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread