+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5807Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I use Turbo Tax as well. With no income from pension, I declare SS only and for the past five years I have neither paid nor received money from the IRS.

I MAY, I stress may have pension income this year at some point as the last employer offering a pension is now in view thanks to a search firm that specifically looks for pensioners from both Union and Corporate entities. It will be so small, though, that I don't anticipate it making much difference.
    Punkin likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I just wrote the IRS out a big check for taxes owed. Stinks.
    Me too, nennie. 2nd year in a row we've owed money to the federal government. The accountant said hubby's employer is not taking out enough each paycheck so I guess it's either bring home more money bi-weekly or pay the piper at the end. One way or another the government is going to get it's due.

AZ, your comment made me laugh out loud. I always say "I'm cheap like that", too.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Me too, nennie. 2nd year in a row we've owed money to the federal government. The accountant said hubby's employer is not taking out enough each paycheck so I guess it's either bring home more money bi-weekly or pay the piper at the end. One way or another the government is going to get it's due.

AZ, your comment made me laugh out loud. I always say "I'm cheap like that", too.
    That's our dilemma too ECM. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. This is our second year in a row.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can always have your deduction increased. Been there, done that. Your payroll person can guide you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You can always have your deduction increased. Been there, done that. Your payroll person can guide you.
    I claim 0 deductions all year & then my 1 at tax time. I used to claim 1 all year long, but then at the end I came close to breaking even. I don't care if they're making interest off my money. I like getting a decent sized refund, both from Fed & State.

I have a special account set up to have it direct deposited into. Nothing else goes into that account, or out of it. I just let it sit & accumulate each year.
    When my car goes down & needs replaced, that's where the money comes from for another one. Even if there's not enough, I'd have to finance very little.

I just don't get it with people who can't wait to get their return to spend it, then when something comes up they have to take out a loan & pay it back.

I'm a saver not a spender. I believe in saving money in advance rather than paying in arrears.
    Punkin, Kip and Cootie like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Paid $73 for a new Cybersonic toothbrush today. I paid a similar amount over 10-12 years ago for one, and the thing suicided the other day by jumping off the vanity onto my tile bathroom floor; it was kind of in pieces, at its base, but could still be seated (carefully) for a charge . It still worked, but it was really at the end of its road. I was very happy with it, so I reinvested. After a 24-hour charge, I should be good to go! After using this thing, a manual toothbrush will never make me happy again!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

We forgot the charger on one of our cruises, and our toothbrush (we had separate heads, with a shared base) became a manual one for the remainder of the cruise. Just to make sure my husband never forgot the charger again, I made a point of making a buzzing noise while walking around the cabin, brushing my teeth. That must have worked. He never has forgotten it!
    Punkin and Miss Scarlet like this.

I got mine free with points, I love it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Many folks think 0 (zero) is the lowest they can go BUT you can change your deductions to minus one, minus two etc. (Not sure how many minuses you can go down....)

+ Reply to Thread