+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7212Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

A friend of mine made one for her husband of his frat/college T shirts, it turned out wonderful. He uses it as a wall hanging in his den. (or the man cave as she calls it). Those are nice looking JLuvs, I think one of concert t-shirts would be great.

Massages can be wonderful. I've only had one bad one in my life and that was because the woman wasn't listening to me when I said to her "that hurts" and she just kept on pulling my arm in a weird way until I just about jumped off the table yelling at her. She had the nerve to get upset with me for yelling at her to stop hurting me. I'm about the learning in prison, that seems to be something you would learn not to say to people.

Sorry about the kitty trouble, I used to feed my old old cat in a quiet room with the door shut so the dog wouldn't bother her while she was eating, would that work for your two?
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The t-shirt quilts look and sound wonderful. I wish I was creative enough to do something like that.

I've never had a massage. I got a gift certificate for one once, but I never went. I just don't like strangers rubbing their hands all over my body. It just grosses me out. For relaxation, I love to get manicures. I get so relaxed while getting a manicure, that I sometimes fall asleep!

My husband got me one of those all day spa packages and I almost let it expire before I got the nerve up to use it. Anyhow, I loved the facial and mud wrap but the masseuse was too rough. I just laid there and took it too but I knew I wouldn't do it again. Lunch was included but I was starving by the time they served it. I also got a manicure/pedicure and didn't think to bring flip flops so they gave me some disposable ones. It was very uncomfortable walking back to my car because I was parked in a parking garage a bit of a distance away from the spa. So a lesson learned there.

All in all, I don't know if I'd have another massage but I definitely recommend the facial. And all day is actually tiring instead of relaxing. I'd rather break the treatments down over different days.

Wow ArchieComicFan, I have never had a massage, and your story is the first one I have heard that wasn't raving about what a terrific thing they are. I am sorry it was less than wonderful, and glad most of the day went alright. So, what did you eat...? Enquiring minds want to know!

Well, since then I have always booked my massages with women. I figure if she causes me trouble, I have a fighting chance, clothes on or no.

Bbnbama, I'm sorry I made you barf!

I love the quilts - I'd heard of them but had never seen one. They are great!
    Last edited by cricketeen; 01-03-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I'm such a non-girly girl.
    don't like massages (although I've never tried a professional one) - I don't even like when hubby rubs my shoulders.
    never had a pedicure (hate my feet)
    manicures - nah. one time I went for the nail extensions - expensive spa place, and she ended up hitting me with an electric file in 3 different places. bleeading, pain, I can do without that.

so. just not my thing.

My sister-in-law doesn't like them either.

I love a good massage - but that one was definitely not relaxing.
    A few years ago I injured my rotator cuff. After about a year it was still bothering me, so I went for a deep tissue massage and explained the problem to the female massotherapist. She worked on it for an additional 20 minutes (at no extra charge) and ever since my shoulder has been fine.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    For people who'd like to try massages but are squeamish or have had pain with regular therapists, could you get a massage with a place that specializes in pregnant women? I know our hospital offers them--as do many health clubs--they don't cost any more and the massage therapists are incredibly well trained and gentle.

Every massage therapist worth anything will ask the customer first if she (or he) prefers a light touch or a deeper tissue massage. Then during the massage, they'll ask again if they're being too rough (or, in some cases, too gentle). They should NOT hurt you!

And love the T-shirt quilts, JLuvs!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana;2193431;
    So, what did you eat...? Enquiring minds want to know!
    I really don't remember! They have a cafe in the same complex that serves sandwhiches. I ordered from the menu and they brought it to me during my pedicure. I know it was a sandwich on pita bread and I think it was chicken with bean sprouts (I was trying to give the appearance that I eat healthy ).

Jluvs: fabulous quilts! I've never heard of anything like that before. Cool.

I love manicures, pedicures, massages, even a chiropractic adjustment! I can't afford any of them so when I get them as a gift, I treasure every minute.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread