+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7187Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Does anyone know if Gutmutter teaches in PA? I saw a terrible school situation at Franklin HS near Pittsburg. Made me a little worried. I know what she has been going through with her job situation.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She is in Boston, isn't she?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    She is in Boston, isn't she?
    I'm not sure. Her local is not listed on her profile. I'm just concerned.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Debb, my Dell desktop has Windows 8. At first it was quite a departure from the Windows XP I had been using for years, but now I am used to it. It didn't take too long for me to catch on. I can upgrade to 8.1 but haven't done so yet, as I am not sure if that is any better.

Never tried oysters but wonder if they really are an aphrodisiac...hmmm. I only like my clams cooked....no way I would chuck a raw oyster or clam down my throat. As for escargot, no thank you. Hubby loves them, but seriously, they have a cute little face looking at you. No way, no how.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know if Gutmutter teaches in PA? I saw a terrible school situation at Franklin HS near Pittsburg. Made me a little worried. I know what she has been going through with her job situation.
    No, she's in MA. Yes, I saw that as well about the stabbings in a PA school. smh
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Debb, my Dell desktop has Windows 8. At first it was quite a departure from the Windows XP I had been using for years, but now I am used to it. It didn't take too long for me to catch on. I can upgrade to 8.1 but haven't done so yet, as I am not sure if that is any better.

Never tried oysters but wonder if they really are an aphrodisiac...hmmm. I only like my clams cooked....no way I would chuck a raw oyster or clam down my throat. As for escargot, no thank you. Hubby loves them, but seriously, they have a cute little face looking at you. No way, no how.
    I love 8.1. It reminds me of W7 that's why I guess.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have more on the computer issue. I'm taking to the Computer thread, since it may be too OT.

I have XP and have to get upgraded. I love XP.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Thanks for your concern. I'm in mid-Mass. I had a really rough day with students and have a class full of every hard-hitter in the 8th grade starting Monday for the rest of the year. I am totally disillusioned and depressed about teaching at the moment. Even though early retirement would put me in a financial bind, I'm seriously considering it while I look for another way - at least part time- to earn more income. When I came home and read about the knifings in PA, it was almost like a sign. We have so many students I could see doing that at our school.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thanks for your concern. I'm in mid-Mass. I had a really rough day with students and have a class full of every hard-hitter in the 8th grade starting Monday for the rest of the year. I am totally disillusioned and depressed about teaching at the moment. Even though early retirement would put me in a financial bind, I'm seriously considering it while I look for another way - at least part time- to earn more income. When I came home and read about the knifings in PA, it was almost like a sign. We have so many students I could see doing that at our school.
    I remember that feeling from when I taught middle school and we had a lockdown due to student with gun.
    Are you anywhere near Sturbridge Village? That seems to be very similar to Old Town San Diego. We have several former and/or retired teachers on staff. It's a fun way to continue teaching (in a different way) in a nice environment -- and a fairly okay way to supplement other income (like retirement or freelance).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread