+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

A friend tried to get me to "shoot" an oyster. Let's just say I'm still a virgin! It just wasn't going to happen; looking at it was difficult enough. Like you, cooked is another story.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Don't like oysters. No way to fix them that I would like them. Gross.
    Punkin likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I think they are fabulous, but they are not for everybody! I feel the same way about escargot!!

Just pass your plate over to me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG I love oysters and I love escargot. YUM! to both
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I tried escargot one time and it was a good experience so I would try them again if the opportunity arises. Oysters? I like those, too, from time to time, but not my favorite. One time I had them grilled over a wood fired grill at a brew fest and they were delicious. I am not sure I would care about jello shots. I am with those who like to linger over and nice cocktail. For me, drinking is not about getting drunk, that's for sure.
    Debb70 likes this.

OMG - love oysters. Can't remember if I've tried escargot. I'm willing to try most things once... rattlesnake, shark, ostrich, exotic fruits and veggies. Sometimes you find a winner. I had fiddlehead ferns at a fancy restaurant Boston once and now I start nagging my grocer in May to be sure they'll be getting them during the extremely short season. Sautéed with a little butter and garlic. Yum!
    Count your blessings!

I'd definitely be up for trying those!

Our group used to go out to a local seafood restaurant/oyster bar for drinks and have raw oysters, but I stopped doing it after I knew a few people who got sick. If you have any kind of health issue, it's something to think about it. It wasn't a problem though, because you can get them grilled on the half shell and they look almost exactly alike and to me taste better, because you can chew them. It's a fun night out with friends and more about the company really. Maybe it's a local thing here.

I've tried just about everything I've been offered and after going to sushi bars for years, finally got into that too. I don't eat it as much as I used to, but still love it and it's such a treat for me.

I got transferred to a new computer yesterday and it's quite different from my old system. It's going to take me some time. And I just realized that they forgot to switch over my FAVORITES file on Internet Explorer. I'm freaking out. Maybe they can't switch it over. Oh man......I don't have Internet Explorer on this one, but Chrome Google. It's going take a little time to adjust. Anyone switch due to the Office XP expiring yesterday?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Anyone switch due to the Office XP expiring yesterday?
    I haven't had to switch but a friend of mine did because his computer was still running XP. He's blind and was using XP because it was compatible with his screen reader so now he's having to adjust to a new system. I know it's been hard on him because some things work differently. I think he's on Windows 8 now. His system looks different than mine and I'm on Windows 7.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I feel for him. I have Windows 7 now too. I don't intend to get Windows 8 unless I have no other option. Friends tell me it's not what they thought it would be and they are not real happy.

+ Reply to Thread