+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I knew you were having a less than great morning. I think, a lot of the times that perkiness doesn't work with us, it's our fault. We just are not IN THE MOOD!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I definitely prefer perky to grumpy and incompetent . . . but the young lady I spoke to this morning was over the top, and just got on my last nerve for some reason. Any time I've had a phone-centered customer service job, we've had supervisors listening in periodically to ensure we were interacting with our customers more on a "friendly and genuine" level.

Didn't mean to sound whiney . . . but I guess I did. My excuse is that I was calling for a physical therapy appointment, and my neck was hurting. Sorry!
    It happens.
    Like I said earlier, when it comes to "perky," we're damned if we do, damned if we don't.
    For me, I follow the guidelines of whomever signs my paycheck.
    We can't please everyone.
    And some folks will find fault no matter what.
    That's life.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'll bet our Ellen is completely ingenuous! def:

1.Marked by inventive skill and imagination.

2.Having or arising from an inventive or cunning mind; clever.
    an ingenious scheme.

3.Having genius; brilliant.

Having worked for years in a position where I had to interact with patients over the phone and in person, I found that a friendly, upbeat (maybe perky) attitude gave them more confidence in their care provider and staff. I have experienced at times people in that same position who made me feel as if they couldn't care less about me. But I think most people can tell if it is genuine concern and care, or a "disingenuous" act. Some do it better than others.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Ellen . . . one of these days I'm going to run over to SD and enjoy one of your presentations . . . and I promise not to touch anything. ;-)
    Punkin and Ellen like this.

(Psssst! AZ, remind me to tell you where you can get those $2 Jello shots on Ellen's beat! Never seen that ever before anywhere!) LOL
    Ellen and AZChristian like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

(Psssst! Punkin. What's a jello shot?)
    Punkin and Ellen like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never had one, but I definitely know what they are!!! You Are Too Cute!!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'll bet our Ellen is completely ingenuous! def:

1.Marked by inventive skill and imagination.

2.Having or arising from an inventive or cunning mind; clever.
    an ingenious scheme.

3.Having genius; brilliant.

Having worked for years in a position where I had to interact with patients over the phone and in person, I found that a friendly, upbeat (maybe perky) attitude gave them more confidence in their care provider and staff. I have experienced at times people in that same position who made me feel as if they couldn't care less about me. But I think most people can tell if it is genuine concern and care, or a "disingenuous" act. Some do it better than others.
    Thank you, I think!
    I really care about our guests because...guess what?...I've been a guest at Old Town. And I truly care that our guests have as much fun as I've had in the past, learn something new, have a fun and meaningful experience.
    This past weekend, we had a contra-dance (part square dance, part ballroom, part other folk dance) event. We had a visitor from France who wanted to participate, but was a little shy. I jigsaw-puzzled my French together enough to explain the basics to him. That wasn't specifically part of my job description (nor was the 4 hours of dancing...), but I gladly did so. And I didn't have to fake any perkiness. It was the highlight of my week.
    Come to think of it, the "above and beyond" stuff that pops up are the most fun parts of my job.
    Maybe that too-perky person on the phone just had a talk or review with his/her supervisor and is trying to make your day a better one.
    I know not the first thing we think of when we're in pain...
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    (Psssst! Punkin. What's a jello shot?)
    I've never had a jello shot, but I'm sure I can ask around and find you a good one. I now know people...
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.

Well AZ, a Jello shot is a shot of some kind of alcohol mixed up with flavored Jello and frozen for easy consumption. I don't remember if I've ever had one, but I am worldly enough to know the science. :>) DH and I just got a kick out of seeing them advertised for sale at the Old Town Saloon when, our only experience with them, was something Ray's son brought to one of our parties as a "potluck" dish. LOL. But, isn't alcohol something that doesn't freeze? Inquiring minds......

+ Reply to Thread