+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I actually used mine last year! A deer totaled my car. I pulled over and waited on the trooper and wrecker. I was surprised to learn that it didn't pay the entire amount of the tow. It would cover the tow up to so many miles, then it was a dollar amount each mile over that. I was a little surprised. I paid about $12.00 on the scene. Still, I saved money. My car insurance would have reimbursed me, but I would have to paid for the tow on the spot up front. Without AAA the basic tow was at least $100.00!
    I do know that you can buy a subscription that covers extra towing miles. I think it's more than worth it. I just used my AAA yesterday when my alternator decided to act stooopid. These have always been some of the nicest guys ever. They actually dropped me at my home, and towed my car to a repair shop. You know, I've never seen a female AAA person. Wonder why? It's not as if I've ever seen a driver do anything that a woman couldn't do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

We've had AAA for years too and pay extra for the extended towing plan as we're frequently more than 20 miles from home. Over the years, I can think of 3 times we've used it, so maybe we would have been better off having the cheaper plan, but paying the extra towing charges ourselves, but I remember the extra charges being quite steep, so it's nice to not worry about it when a car does break down.

Prhoshay, you're right! I've never seen a female tow truck driver from any company, ever. Now, thinking about it, I don't think I've seen a female mechanic either - or even a female tech at a quick oil change place.

My SIL's sister went to aircraft mechanic school for a year or two. She never finished - she's just flighty (hah! a good aviation term) - I don't think it had anything to do with her being female. I was actually glad that she quit - I was always worried about someone as scattered as she is working on airplanes.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Is it just me, or do other people want to jam a screwdriver into their ears when they get one of those "perky people" who answer the phone when you call to set up an appointment for something? Really, folks . . . lower the volume, stop talking through your nose, and don't make it sound like having me call for a doctor appointment is the best thing that's ever happened to both of us.

/rant

I prefer the perky ones to the ones who act like my calling them has completely ruined their day.

About twenty yrs ago I worked in a little beauty shop in a small town. The hairdresser I worked for became friends with a local well to do family. She was always going on about how great they were. I didn't see it. They had a teenage son that was always in some kind of minor trouble. His mom would come in and cry to the hairdresser about him. He'd come in and complain to her about his parents and how no one understands him. I thought he was a stuck up, egotistical jerk myself. I had heard that he had left AL after high school to pursue an acting career. A couple days ago I'm watching reruns of Leverage and I think, "I see this guy in all my favorite shows. Who is he?" Look him up on IMDB and find he's Clayne Crawford, the punk kid I couldn't stand 20yrs ago. I knew him as Joey Crawford though.
    I just hope his ego didn't get worse with success. Since most men aren't the teenage punk they were, I'm hoping he's doing better.
    Punkin and Ellen like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Is it just me, or do other people want to jam a screwdriver into their ears when they get one of those "perky people" who answer the phone when you call to set up an appointment for something? Really, folks . . . lower the volume, stop talking through your nose, and don't make it sound like having me call for a doctor appointment is the best thing that's ever happened to both of us.
    I think over-perkiness can grate in any number of situations. Last year when we toured the college my son is attending we had different kids give us tours of the traditional vs new dorm buildings. We toured a traditional dorm first with a rather calm upper-classman as our guide. Then we saw a new dorm, and that tour was given by an extremely exuberant and peppy freshman. The new buildings were really nice. Air conditioning, semi-private bathrooms, kitchenettes, full-sized refrigerators, etc. As we left the new building my son commented that he liked the traditional dorms better, mostly because he did not want to live in a place with kids like the one who gave us the tour of the new building. I'm not complaining, especially since the housing expenses associated with the new buildings were significantly higher!!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    I prefer the perky ones to the ones who act like my calling them has completely ruined their day.
    Thank you. Especially for those of us who have "perky" as part of the job description. Geez.
    Damned if you do; damned if you don't.
    There's no pleasing you people.
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-07-2014 at 07:04 PM.
    Punkin and AZChristian like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Thank you. Especially for those of us who have "perky" as part of the job description. Geez.
    Hey, Ellen! How's the 'perky" job going? Any amusing anecdotes to relate yet? Break time Jello shots? LOLOL
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    I do agree. I guess my point would be that I think the best representatives are people who are friendly and genuine. Someone who is over-the-top perky can come off as disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Hey, Ellen! How's the 'perky" job going? Any amusing anecdotes to relate yet? Break time Jello shots? LOLOL
    I actually love my job even the perky part.
    It gets annoying when parents/caregivers allow kids to climb on the artifacts in the case of one of the museums I monitor, the 150+ -year-old horno. Or who feign surprise when I tell them that their pet/food/drinks are not allowed in the museum even with clear signage at the entrances. Ugghh! You need a license to drive, but any moron can plonk out an offspring.
    Break time jello shots (meh!) or margaritas (Old Town concessions have great ones especially at the Cosmopolitan) at break would be nice, but there's no time to change out of and back into costume at break ... and have time for an adult beverage.
    Nevertheless, the annoyances are few in comparison to the good experiences with our guests.
    Yes, after a month + a few days, I still love my job. The annoying stuff is there. Fact of life. The great stuff? OMG. So much more than the "bad" stuff and, yes, so worth it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I definitely prefer perky to grumpy and incompetent . . . but the young lady I spoke to this morning was over the top, and just got on my last nerve for some reason. Any time I've had a phone-centered customer service job, we've had supervisors listening in periodically to ensure we were interacting with our customers more on a "friendly and genuine" level.

Didn't mean to sound whiney . . . but I guess I did. My excuse is that I was calling for a physical therapy appointment, and my neck was hurting. Sorry!
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread