+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5887Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone read about the university employee in SC that texted her daughter that she was at work hiding from a man with a gun on campus!!!!!! Her daugther freaked out and called 911! Police showed up ready for an armed shooter to find that the mom was playing an April's Fool joke! They were not amused and mom has been charged with serveral crimes. I'm not sure if they will stick, since she didn't actually report it to the police and she didn't have any criminal intent. I bet she may lose her job though.
    Not funny. AT ALL!!

I agree, not funny. What sort of mind thinks that is remotely funny.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I know. What world do you live in that makes it seem to funny to report you are hiding from a gunman? So bizarre. It really makes you wonder. I wonder if she will lose her job. I hate for anyone to lose their job, but when someone's judgment is that poor. You have to question their value in your organization.

The woman is 54 years old. Old enough to know better.

Woman arrested for April Fools' school shooting prank - NY Daily News
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-03-2014 at 11:21 AM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Did anyone read about the university employee in SC that texted her daughter that she was at work hiding from a man with a gun on campus!!!!!! Her daugther freaked out and called 911! Police showed up ready for an armed shooter to find that the mom was playing an April's Fool joke! They were not amused and mom has been charged with serveral crimes. I'm not sure if they will stick, since she didn't actually report it to the police and she didn't have any criminal intent. I bet she may lose her job though.
    She should be charged. Besides diverting resources away from other potential life-and-death situations, she put other people in danger. When officers respond to a situation like that, they're nervous and jumpy. It's fortunate the officers didn't accidentally shoot one of their own or a suspicious looking bystander. The daughter did the right thing calling LE to help her mother. What did the mother expect the daughter was going to do? The mother apparently didn't text back 10 seconds later saying April's Fools.

I know I've played some tricks on my kids over the years, but don't remember any. One event, not really a trick, I remember is hiding behind my daughter's bedroom door when she was about 15 and jumping out at her. It wasn't planned. I was in her room putting something away and I heard her come down the stairs. She punched me in the face! I ended up with a black eye. I wasn't mad at my daughter - she responded appropriately.

I saw a story about a young woman who wanted to prank her boyfriend so she and her cousin, app. 12 yeasr old, got into a closet and waited to surprise him. Only when they jumped out, he shot her and killed her. He felt terrible, because he thought it was an intruder. They didn't charge him. The dead girl's cousin wasn't hurt except he was very traumatized and sad his cousin was killed.

Colorado teen killed in prank gone wrong - CNN.com
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-03-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

STUPID woman DESERVES to lose her job.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I saw a story about a young woman who wanted to prank her boyfriend so she and her cousin, app. 12 yeasr old, got into a closet and waited to surprise him. Only when they jumped out, he shot her and killed her. He felt terrible, because he thought it was an intruder. They didn't charge him. The dead girl's cousin wasn't hurt except he was very traumatized and sad his cousin was killed.

Colorado teen killed in prank gone wrong - CNN.com
    That's awful.

I guess I should be glad my daughter wasn't carrying a knife or her softball bat at the time. I probably usually overthink possibilities of unintended consequences, but never gave a second thought to doing this - something my brothers and I did all the time to each other as kids. But I suppose that was another time, another place. Back then, where I lived, people never locked their doors when they were home, and many didn't at night, either. People left car keys in their cars when parked at home.

I remember in the late '60s, the was a PSA to advise people to not leave their keys in their cars - the gist of it was, if you leave your keys in your car and it's stolen, it's your own fault. I remember my English teacher ranting that this wasn't true - that if you leave your keys in the car and it's stolen, it's the thief's fault.

On jumping out to scare someone, we do that a lot in my house, even to the dog . I was wondering at the extreme reactions of punching or shooting... but after reading the context that you posted, Kip, it makes more sense to me. Here I leave doors unlocked and keys in car, too. If we were more vigilant, we'd probably respond differently.
    Punkin and Kip like this.
    remember to play

Welcome to Oklahoma weather....tornado warnings and a massive hail storm just went through. My yard is covered in hail.
    Punkin likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Nennie, that's scary. Is the warning over yet?

+ Reply to Thread