+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7145Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #23011
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,526

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    My divorce became final on an April 1st. I thought that was pretty funny.
    Also, he had managed to get both cars in just his name over the years so I had to apply for a new license plate. It came back ####FY.
    Punkin, waywyrd, Kip and 6 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

  2. #23012
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,139

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Yesterday was really an odd day. It's weird how things happen. Was it because it was April 1st?

    First of all, I noticed that people were driving especially crazy. Lots of improper lane changes that almost got me, but I'm especially careful and dodged them. Also many close calls in parking lots. Then someone at the office ran an errand and returned to say it was crazy out there with odd things in traffic.

    THEN right in front of our office a water truck lost an entire load of those big plastic water containers that came loose and fell on top of a car parked on the street!(Thank goodness I was in the parking lot.) What a mess. I hope he didn't lose his job for that one.

    THEN, I left to run an errand and while sitting at a major intersection about 6 police cars pull up with lights on and block the intersection RIGHT BESIDE ME! They all get out of their cars! Scared me to death. I thought there was going to be a shootout and there was nowhere for me get out of the way! Thank goodness after a few moments I realized it was a funeral procession, so I was safe. (Most have been a dignitary) Just waited patiently.

    THEN, as I'm going home I get behind traffic that is blocked by a dump truck. Police cars are directing traffic. As we pass by eventually, I see that it looks like the dump truck's engine has fallen into the road!

    What a weird day. lol
    Punkin and Kip like this.

  3. #23013
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,526

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    That is weird. I'm glad none of it affected you negatively.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Count your blessings!

  4. #23014
    FORT Fogey Lizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Yes. I am glad too.
    Debb70 likes this.
    You can do it!

  5. #23015
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I think April's Fools Day got me in an unexpected way. Last week I went to a doc appt, and all was well. She renewed my prescriptions, for BP, which I have been on for at least eight years. The doc assured me she was just renewing what I had before and then I finally get to the pharmacy and now they have me on one script and one that is TOTALLY not right. Imagine getting Viagra for your nasal congestion. Or maybe don't. That's about how the pharm has me.
    Punkin, Kip and Debb70 like this.

  6. #23016
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,526

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    What!? Were you the one that caught it, or was it the pharmacist?
    Count your blessings!

  7. #23017
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yesterday was really an odd day. It's weird how things happen. Was it because it was April 1st?

    First of all, I noticed that people were driving especially crazy. Lots of improper lane changes that almost got me, but I'm especially careful and dodged them. Also many close calls in parking lots. Then someone at the office ran an errand and returned to say it was crazy out there with odd things in traffic.

    THEN right in front of our office a water truck lost an entire load of those big plastic water containers that came loose and fell on top of a car parked on the street!(Thank goodness I was in the parking lot.) What a mess. I hope he didn't lose his job for that one.

    THEN, I left to run an errand and while sitting at a major intersection about 6 police cars pull up with lights on and block the intersection RIGHT BESIDE ME! They all get out of their cars! Scared me to death. I thought there was going to be a shootout and there was nowhere for me get out of the way! Thank goodness after a few moments I realized it was a funeral procession, so I was safe. (Most have been a dignitary) Just waited patiently.

    THEN, as I'm going home I get behind traffic that is blocked by a dump truck. Police cars are directing traffic. As we pass by eventually, I see that it looks like the dump truck's engine has fallen into the road!

    What a weird day. lol

    From your recounting, God was giving you every sign that it was time for you to go home (get off the streets) and call that day OVER! I totally believe in recognizing and heeding signs. I usually regret when I don't.
    Kip and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #23018
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,139

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    From your recounting, God was giving you every sign that it was time for you to go home (get off the streets) and call that day OVER! I totally believe in recognizing and heeding signs. I usually regret when I don't.
    I was considering going by a couple of places after work, but I decided no way and went straight home. Too much nutty stuff happening. lol

    That is scary about the doctor calling the wrong prescription! I have read mistakes by pharmacies are high. That's why I check all of mine very carefully. When it's a new med, I go online and get a photo of the pill so I can examine the the writing on it to ensure it's what it's supposed to be. My ex's mother almost died from a mistake by a pharmacy. Went into cardiac arrest, paramedics did CPR and shocked her back to life. Thankfully, she made a full recovery.

    Did anyone read about the university employee in SC that texted her daughter that she was at work hiding from a man with a gun on campus!!!!!! Her daugther freaked out and called 911! Police showed up ready for an armed shooter to find that the mom was playing an April's Fool joke! They were not amused and mom has been charged with serveral crimes. I'm not sure if they will stick, since she didn't actually report it to the police and she didn't have any criminal intent. I bet she may lose her job though.

  9. #23019
    8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,741

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone read about the university employee in SC that texted her daughter that she was at work hiding from a man with a gun on campus!!!!!! Her daugther freaked out and called 911! Police showed up ready for an armed shooter to find that the mom was playing an April's Fool joke! They were not amused and mom has been charged with serveral crimes. I'm not sure if they will stick, since she didn't actually report it to the police and she didn't have any criminal intent. I bet she may lose her job though.
    Well, she could be charged with Felony Stupid. GUILTY!!!!
    Debb70 likes this.

  10. #23020
    FORT Fogey captain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road
    Posts
    4,494

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    She could be charged with something like...if you yell fire in a theater, inciting a riot...I don't know.
    There's no place like home!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.