+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6574Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My favorite scent ever: star jasmine right after a morning rain.
    It's a few weeks early — what a glorious surprise!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Punkin, waywyrd, Cootie and 3 others like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

A beautiful spring day for April 1. No complaints.
    We are doing a unit on portraits, with an Andy Warhol theme - they have to come up with a proportionally correct face (everything else is up for grabs) but they have to reproduce it FOUR times with different color schemes. I have examples of Warhol's paintings (Marilyn Monroe, Mona Lisa) done like that. Then last night I found examples of Marilyn Monroe done in five rows of five and printed two different versions of that. I told them I liked that format better so they were going to divide the paper into five rows of five and draw their picture 25 times. I got every single class. You should have seen their faces! I'm a master of the poker face and worked up to it rather than making it obvious. Oh my, I laughed so hard. Not one of them caught on before I said "April Fools!"
    Punkin, Ellen, waywyrd and 5 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    A beautiful spring day for April 1. No complaints.
    We are doing a unit on portraits, with an Andy Warhol theme - they have to come up with a proportionally correct face (everything else is up for grabs) but they have to reproduce it FOUR times with different color schemes. I have examples of Warhol's paintings (Marilyn Monroe, Mona Lisa) done like that. Then last night I found examples of Marilyn Monroe done in five rows of five and printed two different versions of that. I told them I liked that format better so they were going to divide the paper into five rows of five and draw their picture 25 times. I got every single class. You should have seen their faces! I'm a master of the poker face and worked up to it rather than making it obvious. Oh my, I laughed so hard. Not one of them caught on before I said "April Fools!"
    That's a cute idea. I like April Fools jokes like that.

I dread this day because of all the not-so-funny-or-cute April Fools "jokes". You know, the ones where something of yours gets slimed, or something nasty in your coffee, or stealing your stuff or messing it up, or anything involving insects, or anything that could be even remotely categorized as "gross". That and mean "jokes".
    There are a lot of people out there who think that unpleasantness or messes are fun or funny. I'm not one of them.

I have a great sense of humor for things that are funny, but none for things that are mean.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    They do smell wonderful. Jasmine is a summer bloomer for me. I have one in a pot that I move from spot to spot depending on where I'm sitting in the evening.
    Two of my spring blooming favorites, Korean Spice Viburnum and Yellow flowering Currant are a few days away from bursting open. I wish I could bottle their fragrance.
    Ellen likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm not big on nasty jokes either, but one year, I really "got" my husband.

We have a king-sized bed, and had one of those electric blankets with dual controls - each side is controlled individually. I switched the plugs on the bottom, so the control on my side controlled hubby's side of the bed, and vice versa. I was always cold, and he usually didn't have it past half-way on his side.

So when I got into bed, I turned "my" control on full-blast high. He turned his to about 5. After about 2 minutes, he turned his down. Then two minutes later he turned it down again. Then he started commenting on how hot his side of the bed was and muttering about what was wrong with the stupid control. Even after he turned "his" control to the Off position, it stayed hot on his side of the bed. Of course, I was lying there freezing to death, but giggling inside until I finally had to confess. We switched controls and the planets returned to their original alignments.

And we still talk about it once in a while . . . usually around April 1st.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good one!!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ha. Good one.
    Growing up I always warned my kids ahead of April 1 that if any of their tricks involved a mess, they would be cleaning it up, and ruining ANY kind of food was off limits. We don't throw out food. I did buy a can of octopus meat for a few years and left it "hidden" on the kitchen counter to freak out my daughter who was sure I was going to use it as some kind of trick . I always donated it to a food bank without opening it, but just the possibility of what I might do was worth every penny. I'm a bad mother like that.
    Kip and AZChristian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    They do smell wonderful. Jasmine is a summer bloomer for me. I have one in a pot that I move from spot to spot depending on where I'm sitting in the evening.
    Two of my spring blooming favorites, Korean Spice Viburnum and Yellow flowering Currant are a few days away from bursting open. I wish I could bottle their fragrance.
    Love those, too!
    Luckily, we have summer (and fall and even winter…) jasmines here -- but the spring-blooming (usually just May-mid June) star jasmine is my favorite.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My mom's birthday is today so, growing up, pretty much NO adult believed me when I told them it was her birthday. It didn't occur to me to trick someone about that. My mom had to get out her driver's license on more than one occasion to prove I wasn't fibbing!

Because of my mom's birthday, I'm so aware of the date that I don't think I've ever fallen for any April Fool's joke!
    Kip likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Be very careful, Ellen. A star jasmine almost ate my house! But did it fragrantly!
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.

+ Reply to Thread