+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233731235231023 ... LastLast
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I shape my own eyebrows, but it definitely DOES really make a difference in your appearance. I also love wearing mascara, but every time I remove it, I get eyelashes that come out! I use the gentlest of eye makeup removers. Any suggestions?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I shape my own eyebrows, but it definitely DOES really make a difference in your appearance. I also love wearing mascara, but every time I remove it, I get eyelashes that come out! I use the gentlest of eye makeup removers. Any suggestions?
    Have you tried cold cream? I use that and my eyelashes never come out!

Can anyone suggest a mascara that doesn't contain alcohol? I think that's what's in it that makes my eyes sting when I put mascara on. And even though I normally use water-proof Maybelline, it still tends to smudge around my eyes by the end of the day. My eyes are almond shaped and small so I do need them to pop. My lashes are good though. Otherwise, everyone says I look so tired. (which I probably am, but don't want everyone to notice)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't wear eye-shadow because you just don't see it. And it gets into a line in the creases of my eyelid.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I would suggest you email the companies and ask for their advice.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Can anyone suggest a mascara that doesn't contain alcohol? I think that's what's in it that makes my eyes sting when I put mascara on. And even though I normally use water-proof Maybelline, it still tends to smudge around my eyes by the end of the day. My eyes are almond shaped and small so I do need them to pop. My lashes are good though. Otherwise, everyone says I look so tired. (which I probably am, but don't want everyone to notice)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I don't wear eye-shadow because you just don't see it. And it gets into a line in the creases of my eyelid.
    Have you tried the cosmetics from a health-food store or from the Body Shop? They tend to be free of a lot of irritating chemicals, but unfortunately tend not to be waterproof because of that.

Or have you tried using eyeliner instead of mascara, since you have good lashes anyway? I stopped using mascara a few years ago because it was just too irritating and took to using a brown liner instead. It does make my eyes stand out, but needs to be reapplied a couple of times a day.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

misskitty you can also have your eyelashes tinted a darker colour - it won't help with the volume but it will make them much more noticable.. and no fuss in the morning
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll look into the Body Shop and health food store. I'm sure the irritation will be less but then, not waterproof. Hmmm. I can't really afford to get them tinted, but eyeliner does help. Off to go look in the mirror and try some things out! It's been so hot and humid outside these days, makeup just slides off your face

Has anyone had or know of anyone who has had permanent tatto makeup? Like eyeliner, lip liner, that kind of thing. I've heard some horror stories. And I guess it contains metal so you can be allergic to it?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    They're based here in Columbus Star and you are correct. Started out as Odd Lots, then became Big Lots in certain markets as the Odd Lots name was already in use in those markets. Switched to Big Lots nationwide.
    In California they were Pick 'n Save stores before they were Big Lots.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

Your problem isn't the alcohol stinging your eyes, but NOT ENOUGH alcohol IN YOU to not feel the sting.. Booze misskitty BOOZE!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Have you tried cold cream? I use that and my eyelashes never come out!
    Thanks for the advice, Lois Lane. I will definitely try cold cream. The makeup removers I've tried are the wet pads, but still..i lose lashes when i clean my lashes off.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread