+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5784Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am in the OC! I have to say that was INTENSE!

I live on the top floor of an apartment complex and the building is on rollers!

We rolled back and forth!

Started at 8pm and then again 9pm and on and on!
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

I am visiting Southern California and felt the quake, too. We are about 30 miles from the center, but got the weaker effects of the quake. It was rolling here rather than shaking us. I've been in a number of quakes so wasn't too freaked out, but again, it wasn't too rough here.

I was rocking and rolling with all the earthquakes at the Sing Off Concert. The balcony felt like a wave pool:-)
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I think "Q" sneaks around . . . I use "qi" and "qat" a lot in Scrabble. LOL.
    I use those in scrabble also but I told my daughter that and she said english words. As qi means pizza I think in another language.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

AZ, I didn't know about "qat". Will have to use that next time those letter combos come up in WWF.

Nennie, what an absolutely delightful way of teaching the students about the letters 'q' and 'u'.

I've never worked in an office and years ago when I taught, school cafeteria food was not much better. Sometimes I brought my lunch and other times I purchased it. But, my 28 year old son, who was so skinny as a kid and always very, very thin, was suddenly looking a lot more 'filled out'. Since I've always struggled with my weight, I was perplexed, as he favors his dad with his fast metabolism. He confessed that he had been raiding the vending machine at work as the Reese's peanut butter cups were only 25 cents a piece. He sometimes was eating as many as 4 a day! So, wow, even someone like my son (who, btw is a vegetarian and is normally quite a healthy eater, label-reader, etc) can pack on a few pounds eating too much junk!

ETA: Oh my goodness, I just read the previous posts about the earthquake. I'm glad you guys are all safe.

We haven't had a quake here in a while. I kind of miss them. Not the big ones where there is a lot of damage or loss of life, but the 3 to 5 magnitude quakes that give you a little shaky, bumpy "ride". Scary when they are happening because you don't know if this is going to turn out to be the "big one", but kind of exciting afterward when you know you've dodged the bullet. This time. The next 7+ expected in my area is overdue across the Bay on the Hayward Fault. It runs directly under a heavily populated area that runs under schools and hospitals and directly under the UC Berkley football field. I sure don't look forward to that one. The 5 magnitude and under quakes are good because they relieve some of the pressure building in the fault without creating much damage.

I heard on the news yesterday that the incidence of lice has gone up due to "selfies" where they put their heads together to fit in the picture. Ew!
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Glad the SoCal quake didn't cause much damage.

Seeing how much this fence out at Point Reyes moved in the 1906 earthquake has always impressed me with how much much the ground can shift during a big earthquake:

Point Reyes Earthquake Fence

Gutmutter - LOL at the head lice increased incidence from selfies! Such a modern problem.

Punkin - is your son's wound healing okay?

NorwIndian - hope you're not going too stir crazy being confined to bed. I was thinking about you yesterday and thinking that if I had to be bed-bound for a while, I'd rather it be while it's gray and bleak outside, when the inclination is to hunker down inside. I think it would be much harder to deal with it in the summer when I would be yearning to get outside. I'm looking forward to your return.

Thanks for asking, Kip. He did check into the hospital for two days of antibiotic IV drip and then insisted he could not stand even another day because he was bored. The doctor agreed to discharge him and he will go to the wound clinic at the hospital daily as an outpatient. So he's back at home, much to the cats' delight.

I did email Norwindian but have not heard back from her. Cootie keeps in regular touch with her and says she's not yet ready to come back online, but does check this thread so she will hear your good wishes and concern.
    prhoshay, Brooks and inthegarden like this.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

phroshay, I love that song! I would have been dancing too after that news.

I'm 5' 9". The only bad part is finding pants long enough. It's gotten better but when I was younger it was a pain. I don't mind reaching items for people at stores. It's fun to be able to share my height with other people.
    Katesmom I understand about height being helpful for your work. In landscaping and farming, every now and then, I encounter people where my extra height and being able to stand eye to eye helps to get my point across.

Earthquakes scare me. I have always lived in states that are/will be effected by the New Madrid Fault. I know our day is coming.
    glad you are all ok.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 03-29-2014 at 01:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread