+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am trying to eat healthier, which is why I don't frequent the vending machines. I don't intend to make this a habit.

BTW, I ended choosing the potato skins. The rest got tucked away in a drawer at work so it's there for an emergency but not openly tempting me.

At the office we don't have vending machines, but we have our snacks in a box in the break room. It's packed full of snacks, but the problem is they are always the same old thing and have been for years. Nothing in it appeals to me......which is not a bad thing.lol The problem is that a few people tend to bring cakes, pies, cookies, and leave them out for all to enjoy. Plus, they get a big cake for everyone's birthday! I guess I shouldn't complain.

We recently had a drive at work to solicit ideas to make the company more livable, improve client service, etc. $2,500 for the best idea! I took the opportunity to request "Stop The Sabotage" which would ban sweets being left out or in vending machines except for the main lounge, not on all the other floors. It was horrible here this past Christmas time. Folks were unloading their sweets rejects at work. Sugar is addictive for many people, so it's not enough just to say leave it alone. I don't expect the $2,500 prize but I'm hopeful they'll adopt the policy. So Debb70, I did complain, LOL.
    Lizard, inthegarden and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Wasn't "Happy" up for an academy award this year? Pharrel sang it and danced with the front row.
    I had never heard this song before so I just went to Youtube & played the video. It is a good, fun & catchy song, something there is very few of nowadays, but it didn't sound remotely familiar.
    I watched the Academy Awards, but I guess I missed this part.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

My grandson called me wednesday and asked me could I come to his school to see his this little ceremony they were having. Granted I had to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back but it was so worth it. He is in kindergarten and they are learning about Q & U and how they are always together so they had a ceremony and they got married. They had a man Q doll with his boutonniere on and the lady with her bouquet of flowers. They had a minister to come and perform it and then they had a cake and had a reception. It was the cutest thing. The boys walked the little girls in and seated them. These kids will never forget about Q&U.
    Punkin likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Wasn't "Happy" up for an academy award this year? Pharrel sang it and danced with the front row.
    I think it's also used in at least one national commercial. I love the song, but if I didn't, I'd be annoyed with it. It's kind of hard to avoid lately!

Vending machines are pretty much full of nothing but junk. I avoid them like the plague. When I worked a desk job, I'd stash my favorite snack, plain flavored Puffins cereal mixed with dried cherries, in case I was feeling peckish. I can't have any junk food around. If it's there, I'll eventually eat it. I try really hard to avoid stuff with artificial ingredients. Doesn't always happen, but I try. Don't get me wrong, I love all the stuff in vending machines. If I hadn't kept healthy snacks in my desk AND keep NO change in my wallet, I would have been there every day.

Since I work from home now, I usually have a yogurt or a bowl of oatmeal if I need a snack....or a cup of Lipton cup of soup - the little packets. Full of preservatives, but it gives me a little pick-me-up and a little nostalgia too. My mom used to get those for us when we were kids.

When I was in college, I wrote a letter to the administration complaining about the dearth of healthy snacks in the vending machines. I'm sure it did absolutely NO good.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    My grandson called me wednesday and asked me could I come to his school to see his this little ceremony they were having. Granted I had to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back but it was so worth it. He is in kindergarten and they are learning about Q & U and how they are always together so they had a ceremony and they got married. They had a man Q doll with his boutonniere on and the lady with her bouquet of flowers. They had a minister to come and perform it and then they had a cake and had a reception. It was the cutest thing. The boys walked the little girls in and seated them. These kids will never forget about Q&U.
    I was wondering what the heck Q & U was. I had to look it up on Google. We didn't do that in my school when I was little.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I was wondering what the heck Q & U was. I had to look it up on Google. We didn't do that in my school when I was little.
    I should have said they are studying the letters Q & U and how they are together.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think "Q" sneaks around . . . I use "qi" and "qat" a lot in Scrabble. LOL.

SoCal - I felt it, did you? I held on in my chair as the 5.1 rumbled through about 20 min ago. It lasted about 15-20 sec with a rolling motion, not a jolt. La Habre is in eastern Orange County and probably because it was very shallow, was felt all over the LA - Riverside - Orange - San Bernardino area.

There was a 3+ foreshock and two 3+ aftershocks since.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-29-2014 at 01:44 AM.
    momrek06 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread