+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7124Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My son turned 26 on Monday. What did he do to celebrate his birthday? He signed up to become a Big Brother. Love that boy.
    Well, they say the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Today was a treat for me. I finally got my color, highlights and cut! Man, I feel much better. I got my work knocked out in the morning and after my hair appt had the rest of the day free for errands. It was a beautiful day! A little on the cold side, but bright and sunny. But guess what? We are supposed to get another very cold snap next week!
    Punkin, prhoshay and PGM35 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, AZ! I thought you were saying you wear a size 4.5 in adult women's shoes and I had to scratch my head and wonder how one could balance oneself with such little feet.
    Very nicely, except lately when bound-up hip/back muscles are in play. Now, very wobbly, thank you very much. I have a prescription from the Podiatrist for diabetic shoes. They mold them specific to your feet, so my size 5/wide feet may actually be comfortable wearing shoes.

I hope your son is all right at the hospital getting his wound cared for. At the moment I'm dealing with four stitches from a mole removal that the doctor called preventative. Rather than antibiotic creams or cleaning solutions, twice a day I have to dab on Aquafor ointment. My main problem is getting a bandaid to stay on or dealing with skin sensitivity problems to the glue. The doctor said she wouldn't punch me anymore...she didn't keep her word. At least it's not on my back so I can deal with it on my own.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

LOL, Ariel! I'm guessing you're not 5'8". I need my size nines to keep me upright.

Nope. I've shrunk from 5' even to 4'11 1/2 " the same height as my father's mother.

The other day the physical therapist (back/hip muscles) had me stepping up on a 4" platform. When standing at the height, I could almost look her in the eye...then looked around the room and exclaimed, "So this is what the world looks like from your perspective."

The only time I mind my height is shopping and, of course, what I want is on a shelf beyond my reach. Do you know how long it takes to find a helpful store person to get it down for you? Ooops, that's a rant and in reference to previous posts about age, I'm trying to live my 67 years positively knowing that even with the extra health challenges, at least I'm breathing (sort of...)
    Punkin and Photobabe like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    LOL, Ariel! I'm guessing you're not 5'8". I need my size nines to keep me upright.
    I was 5'9" and I wear a size 10. I say was because I've shrunk 2 inches since having kids! It's funny - when I was younger, I would have given anything to be shorter. I hated that I was taller than all the boys. And all my friends were cute little petite size 2's. I haven't worn a size 2 since I WAS 2! Now that I'm older (speaking of how you are living for your age), especially in my profession, I love my height. I say it all the time - it is VERY hard for a man to talk down to you when he has to look up at you!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

5' 8" and 5' 9"!!! You all have awakened my jealousy! Those are my dream heights! I'd happily take the challenges for the extra reach.

Had a loony day yesterday. I guess I need to vent AND celebrate. I pick up a phone message that tells me to go to my nearest ER, since my Monday bloodwork has them concerned that I could be in renal failure; can I tell you how nauseating that can be to pick a message like that?? Actually, the first message said that they wanted me in the ER the night before I picked up the second message. My doctor is out of the office all week, and the messages are from 2 different docs who are covering for her. I drug my feet and drug my feet, but finally went over there. Let's just start by saying that I am not a good patient. I felt and looked great, and I've always believed in treating the patient you see before your eyes, and not just a bunch of numbers. I checked into the ER at 11:22 am, and finally got home right at 6 pm. MY BLOOD WORK WAS FINE!!! No renal issues on follow-up.

This morning, while I was running a couple of errands, Pharrell's song "Happy" came one, and as evidence that many of us were tuned into the same radio station, the deejay had said to pull over and get out of your cars and dance!
    As happens, I was next to an giant, empty parking lot. DON'T YOU KNOW THAT I PULLED IT OVER AND GOT OUT!!! Me, and about 8 other cars! It was a blast! We all danced it out, to the end, got back in or cars and continued on our merry ways! I just LOVE doing things like that! Looks like I'm not alone!
    Punkin, Ellen, DesertRose and 5 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So glad that it was a false alarm on your bloodwork numbers.

And you story about getting out of your car to dance just MADE my day! I don't even know the song . . . but if it makes people do that, it's AWESOME! (And reading about it tickled me so much I cut and pasted your post into a note to my hubby.

One of us would have done it with you . . . the other is - shall we say - not given to bouts of spontaneity, but he's learning!
    Last edited by AZChristian; 03-28-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'll bet you know the song! It's everywhere. You can see/hear it on You Tube! It is an absolute party! The artist is Pharrell Williams.

I did think about you and knew you would be boogying with me!!
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I was 5'9" and I wear a size 10. I say was because I've shrunk 2 inches since having kids! It's funny - when I was younger, I would have given anything to be shorter. I hated that I was taller than all the boys. And all my friends were cute little petite size 2's. I haven't worn a size 2 since I WAS 2! Now that I'm older (speaking of how you are living for your age), especially in my profession, I love my height. I say it all the time - it is VERY hard for a man to talk down to you when he has to look up at you!
    I can totally relate to this! Most of my friends were quite petite and I felt like I towered over them at 5' 8.5". I am completely satisfied with my height now. My husband is 6' 2" and our two oldest sons are significantly taller than me now as well. They all make me feel short!

More than once I have stopped to reach high items for people in the store who clearly were not going to be able to reach themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    This morning, while I was running a couple of errands, Pharrell's song "Happy" came one, and as evidence that many of us were tuned into the same radio station, the deejay had said to pull over and get out of your cars and dance!
    I love this story! How fun that other people were doing it as well!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-28-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    Punkin and inthegarden like this.

+ Reply to Thread