+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2192898;
    I thought I was the only one in the world who wouldn't be thrilled with a massage-- yep, too tickly unless it's a sore spot, and then I'm still better off trying to rub it out myself.
    So, we want to know what you're getting in March, don't leave us hanging.

About the flax seeds-- ACF, don't overdo how many you put in things or they're kind of slimy. I put a tablespoon in my (huge)lunch salad and a bit more in my oatmeal.
    Have you ever had a hot stone massage? They are not tickly, but are the kind of thing that makes you MELT. The hot stones feel so good and your muscles can't help but turn to jelly. Wish I was having one right now
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2192898;
    So, we want to know what you're getting in March, don't leave us hanging.
    Have you heard of tshirt quilts?

Tshirt Quilt Website

About 6 years ago my Mum made my brothers and I t shirt quilts from all of our favorite shirts from when we were born until ninth grade....or that is what my one went to. My brothers liked them, but only got the one.

As my Mum loves making them she made me one a couple of years ago that has my high school and college shirts on it...much smaller than the first one for obvious reasons.

Right now she is making me another one of all of my tour shirts...so it will have everything for INXS to 'NSYNC --- my NKOTB shirt is on my first quilt. She is calling me every day with questions and what order I want things in. I have to send her the last shirt up tomorrow --- as I got one at the Dancing With the Stars concert. It will also include all my Dodgers shirts.

The ones at the website aren't as cool as the ones my Mum made, but they will give you a general idea.

Queen B - the only massage that I was able to get through was after my Grandma died and I was just so numb from having to plan things that I didn't feel anything.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2192910;
    Have you heard of tshirt quilts?

Tshirt Quilt Website

About 6 years ago my Mum made my brothers and I t shirt quilts from all of our favorite shirts from when we were born until ninth grade....or that is what my one went to. My brothers liked them, but only got the one.

As my Mum loves making them she made me one a couple of years ago that has my high school and college shirts on it...much smaller than the first one for obvious reasons.

Right now she is making me another one of all of my tour shirts...so it will have everything for INXS to 'NSYNC --- my NKOTB shirt is on my first quilt. She is calling me every day with questions and what order I want things in. I have to send her the last shirt up tomorrow --- as I got one at the Dancing With the Stars concert. It will also include all my Dodgers shirts.

The ones at the website aren't as cool as the ones my Mum made, but they will give you a general idea.

Queen B - the only massage that I was able to get through was after my Grandma died and I was just so numb from having to plan things that I didn't feel anything.

I have been saving t-shirts of my daughter's for years to do this. Her school used to give out t-shirts as awards for grades, reading, etc. She also has ones from participating in the American Cancer Relay for Life as a Girl Scout, all her Girl Scout T-shirts and one for winning a contest to raise money for the American Heart Association. I also have travel t-shirts. I hope that one day I get industrious like your mom and make the darn thing.

Jluvs, maybe I could send them to your mom.......... just kidding.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2192915;
    I have been saving t-shirts of my daughter's for years to do this. Her school used to give out t-shirts as awards for grades, reading, etc. She also has ones from participating in the American Cancer Relay for Life as a Girl Scout, all her Girl Scout T-shirts and one for winning a contest to raise money for the American Heart Association. I also have travel t-shirts. I hope that one day I get industrious like your mom and make the darn thing.

Jluvs, maybe I could send them to your mom.......... just kidding.
    Actually she might be up for it. She was talking about doing it for other people when she gets done with mine as she loves them so much. When I am done cleaning and my apartment looks human again I will take a picture of the quilts so you can see what they look like.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

My first massage was at a day spa - my husband had booked it for me as an anniversary gift. So I'm laying on the table on my stomach, a towel is covering me and the only clothing left on is my underpants (you never know if there'll be a fire ). The massage therapist is a man, and I'm thinking: I can be ok with that. He's a professional. No reason to be uncomfortable.
    So we are chit-chatting and I ask him where he learned massage, thinking the obvious answer is - the massotherapy school right down the street.
    Oh no, no, no . He learned in prison.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Jluvs, a t-shirt quilt sounds like a wonderful idea! I wish I had thought of it when my son was growing up. I don't have any of his old clothes, nor any of mine or my husbands

Of course I'd have to have someone else make it. What great keepsakes though.

ETA: how many t-shirts does it take to make one quilt (for twin, full, etc.)? I might be able to scrounge up enough for one twin sized quilt or at least a throw.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2192933;
    So we are chit-chatting and I ask him where he learned massage, thinking the obvious answer is - the massotherapy school right down the street.
    PLEASE tell me he was kidding...or you are! How horrifying!

I love massages...always have (and most likely always will). The only one I don't really like is the Thai massage 'cause it's not so relaxing for me...You're dressed in workout clothes and the masseuse/masseur yanks on your arms and legs and stretches you out. You feel great afterwards but during it, I was yelping in pain.

I like the stone massages that myrosiedog was talking about, but my favorites are the standard Swedish massage. All the massage therapists are licensed at the place I go to so hopefully I won't run into any prisoners! Maybe I should start asking?!!! I don't find them ticklish either (the massages, I mean). I used to do a lot of sports so they help work the kinks out of my body. Now, even though I'm pretty lazy, I still love them! I love facials, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2192851;
    In a few weeks, i'll receive my telescope.
    Great minds think alike! Literally! I got my husband a Celestron telescope for Christmas...He loves it! His last one was about 10 or 12 years old so it's nice that he's now got a better one.

And JLuvs, your t-shirt quilt sounds like it's going to be absolutely gorgeous!

ETA: how many t-shirts does it take to make one quilt (for twin, full, etc.)? I might be able to scrounge up enough for one twin sized quilt or at least a throw.
    I will ask my Mum tonight. She should get home in about an hour or so and we talk every day My concert one is a twin one, so she should know pretty easily.
    -Bono

To all of my fort friends: I have been reading the various threads about everyones troubles, joys etc., and I haven't always posted something. I want you to know that I am thinking of you all, but I am coming down with a nasty bug on top of keeping an eye on Mona and trying to keep Joey occupied so he bugs me less because I have the food put away except when it's breakfast or dinner so he can lose some bulk before the Dr. forces me. I also have to watch Mona so when she wants to eat I can put her food out. I'm a nutty guy right?

Maybe things would seem a tad lighter if I drank booze?
    Last edited by just1paul; 01-02-2007 at 07:40 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2192933;
    My first massage was at a day spa - my husband had booked it for me as an anniversary gift. So I'm laying on the table on my stomach, a towel is covering me and the only clothing left on is my underpants (you never know if there'll be a fire ). The massage therapist is a man, and I'm thinking: I can be ok with that. He's a professional. No reason to be uncomfortable.
    OMG cricketeen...that is so freaking hilarious that it induced a hellacious coughing fit to where I actually coughed so hard and so much I threw up.. ....TMI I know but that was a priceless and hilarious story!!!

I've had Swedish massages before and I absolutely love them.. ..I got a gift certificate for one on my last birthday but because I've put on so much weight I'm a little self conscious right now and don't think I can get up the nerve to go.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread