+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

  1. #22841
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,589

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    My job requires a lot of walking in mid-1800s period attire. I welcome whatever frumpy and comfy footwear I can get away with.
    Somehow I'm picturing you in mid 1800's period attire, and a big ole pair of hot pink Nikes.
    Ellen, captain and AZChristian like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  2. #22842
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Somehow I'm picturing you in mid 1800's period attire, and a big ole pair of hot pink Nikes.
    LOL! I wish!
    Nope, it's black leather Keds sneakers (and Dr. Scholl's gel orthotics) with the logos covered with black duct tape. I'm waiting for my Lands End black leather ballet flats to come in the mail. (They'll need the gel orthotics, too.) I'm a barefoot/sandals woman who hates shoes.
    But I love Old Town San Diego SHP, so it's all good.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  3. #22843
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,315

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    LOL! I wish!
    Nope, it's black leather Keds sneakers (and Dr. Scholl's gel orthotics) with the logos covered with black duct tape. I'm waiting for my Lands End black leather ballet flats to come in the mail. (They'll need the gel orthotics, too.) I'm a barefoot/sandals woman who hates shoes.
    But I love Old Town San Diego SHP, so it's all good.
    I think there should be pictures Ellen, come on now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #22844
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,130

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think there should be pictures Ellen, come on now
    I'll post some -- as soon as I get my own custom-fitted dress. (I wear a "loaner" right now -- which is way too big and altered with safety pins. It's neither comfortable nor flattering.)
    Miss Scarlet likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  5. #22845
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,315

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'll post some -- as soon as I get my own custom-fitted dress. (I wear a "loaner" right now -- which is way too big and altered with safety pins. It's neither comfortable nor flattering.)
    - deal
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #22846
    FORT Fogey Punkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,146

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Hey, Ellen, take a picture in front of the Old Town Saloon! DH and I spent a couple hours cooling off there last year, after walking all over in Old Town on a too warm day. We chatted it up with some locals and another couple from the ship who wandered in. We had quite a nice time. It's a great dive bar and they serve Jello shots, $2! Just in case you need a quick snack while you're on your break. :>)
    Ellen likes this.

  7. #22847
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I tried threading for the first time today as an alternate to waxing. I had my eyebrows and lip done. I have been curious about it for years, but we didn't have any places locally that performed it until recently. Even then I waited until I heard a good recommendation from someone I knew. (I once had a brow wax I was very unhappy with, so I'm wary of change!)

    There is no pain free way to remove facial hair, and this is no exception. The eyebrows didn't bother me that much, but the lip hurt like a &%#!* - mostly because with threading they get right up to the bottom edge of your nose and that was the spot that really got my eyes watering! The good news is that afterward it feels FAR better than waxing. The redness goes away really fast and the skin does not continue to feel sensitive. I will definitely choose this again over waxing!

    ETA: If you have never heard of threading, you can check it out here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4
    Debb70 likes this.

  8. #22848
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,315

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I tried threading for the first time today as an alternate to waxing. I had my eyebrows and lip done. I have been curious about it for years, but we didn't have any places locally that performed it until recently. Even then I waited until I heard a good recommendation from someone I knew. (I once had a brow wax I was very unhappy with, so I'm wary of change!)

    There is no pain free way to remove facial hair, and this is no exception. The eyebrows didn't bother me that much, but the lip hurt like a &%#!* - mostly because with threading they get right up to the bottom edge of your nose and that was the spot that really got my eyes watering! The good news is that afterward it feels FAR better than waxing. The redness goes away really fast and the skin does not continue to feel sensitive. I will definitely choose this again over waxing!



    ETA: If you have never heard of threading, you can check it out here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4

    I have had my brows done and they looked great.
    They also have a wax they put on and just peel off, that doesn't hurt at all
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #22849
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,009

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I tried threading for the first time today as an alternate to waxing. I had my eyebrows and lip done. I have been curious about it for years, but we didn't have any places locally that performed it until recently. Even then I waited until I heard a good recommendation from someone I knew. (I once had a brow wax I was very unhappy with, so I'm wary of change!)

    There is no pain free way to remove facial hair, and this is no exception. The eyebrows didn't bother me that much, but the lip hurt like a &%#!* - mostly because with threading they get right up to the bottom edge of your nose and that was the spot that really got my eyes watering! The good news is that afterward it feels FAR better than waxing. The redness goes away really fast and the skin does not continue to feel sensitive. I will definitely choose this again over waxing!

    ETA: If you have never heard of threading, you can check it out here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIeHYNt-rl4
    Funny you should post this today as I am going a bit later to have my eyebrows done. I tried threading once before and much preferred it to waxing, b/c I always break out on my forehead after waxing is done. I am not talking redness, but actual pimple-like bumps all over the forehead area. They even use the more expensive hypoallergenic wax but it seems to make no difference.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

  10. #22850
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,589

    Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

    I'm glad I watched the video. My imagination regarding threading was way more unpleasant than the real thing.
    For me, I'll stick with the good old fashioned tweezer & magnifying mirror.

    I was recently on vacation & the hotel room had these great lighted magnifying mirrors sitting on the vanity counter. Between the bright lighting in the bathroom & the mirror, you can get darned near everything!
    My friend & I had a "plucking morning". We both loved those mirrors.
    However, what they do for the look of your skin, pores, & wrinkles is another story.

    I need to look around for something like that for me at home.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.