+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6457Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

The highest pollen here is juniper. I look outside and see juniper bushes still buried beneath snow. I wonder how those flower heads are doing. ;^)
    inthegarden likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Being estranged from my Nora caused me to forget the water to salt concentration! I used too much salt and my nose really burned! OK, so I remember now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've been using mine a lot, too. I cleaned my house and triggered an allergy attack.
    Count your blessings!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm sorry for those of you suffering with allergies. I don't happen to suffer with any pollen/flower related allergies but because of all of you did go out and purchase a neti pot last year for hubby when he gets stuffed up. He loves that thing!

Debb and Kip, it's heartwarming to hear such nice stories about sales people and those who work in service industries. It's rare that someone these days extends themselves above and beyond. Most sales clerks I run into have a very poor work attitude. Oh, and don't get me started on the cashiers who think nothing of gabbing on the cell phone and/or having personal conversations while the line is getting longer. Sheesh!

Nothing makes your day go better and quicker than a good attitude.
    PGM35 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'll have to note that the great clerk who went out of her way to help me, was app. 60 years old. The two ladies who blew me off, because they didn't want to bother to go to the stock room, were both in their 20's. From my experience, it works that way a lot of the time.

Recently, I was shopping in a discount store and asked if they had a tape measure or ruler. I had forgotten to bring mine and needed to measure out a child's shoe. They said there was only one in their large store and it was with this one woman who was not there and they had no idea where she was or when she would return. lol I suggested they check her work station as it seems an odd thing for an employee to take home every night, but they insisted that she did keep it with her and was not in the store. lol I said okay. I made my way over to Homewares and picked out a nice 4 x 6 picture frame and used the 6 inch part to measure the shoe, since I knew that was 6 inches, so I was able to select the child's show that fit with it. (There's more than one way to skin a cat......lol)
    Kip and PGM35 like this.

Good thinking.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    It's so rare that I get good customer service that I try to always recognize it. I was recently at a dept store shoe sale and they had many shoes on sale shelves. I couldn't find my size and asked two of the shoe sales clerks about it, but they said they were on display if they had it. I was considering getting the wrong size, because it was such a great deal. I happened to wander over to another dept and a nice lady asked to hold my merchandise. She asked if I was finding everything okay and I commented about the show size issue and she said, I'll help you with that. I'll call and see if any other store has it and we can mail it to your home. NO CHARGE. She called and as it turns out, their store had 2 pair IN STOCK. She went to the stock room and found my correct size in the show I wanted and brought it to me to try on. Meanwhile the clerks who had lied to me pretended to be busy.

I bought the shoes and made sure to take the survey on the receipt and praised the clerk for going out of her way to assist me and making the sale.
    Stories like this make you realize that some people with jobs should change places with some who are unemployed.
    Punkin, Kip and Brooks like this.

Broke down and took a cursed allergy pill tonight. It will make me feel better, but it will whip my butt.

My job requires a lot of walking in mid-1800s period attire. I welcome whatever frumpy and comfy footwear I can get away with.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread