+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7208Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm going through allergy hell. Tree pollens are through the roof.
    Me too. The trifecta (tree, grass, weeds) is early this year. Oh joy.
    Time to buy stock in whoever owns Simply Saline.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Typically when you have an extremely cold long winter and then a fast warm up to the spring season, you can expect heavy pollen. With milder winters, the pollen is released over a longer period of time. Also with all the snow, plants are full of water and ready to flower.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Typically when you have an extremely cold long winter and then a fast warm up to the spring season, you can expect heavy pollen. With milder winters, the pollen is released over a longer period of time. Also with all the snow, plants are full of water and ready to flower.
    Well, I'm nowhere near snow country and we've had the warmest, dryest, most summer-like winter ever. Pollen is early and high.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Those of you with pollen problems... we're getting 2" of snow tonight.
    Count your blessings!

We'll I left sunny California on the red eye in route to NY. I am currently on Charlotte NC on a layover and freezing lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    We'll I left sunny California on the red eye in route to NY. I am currently on Charlotte NC on a layover and freezing lol
    WELCOME to NC! I'm not in Charlotte, but a few hours away in Raleigh. This week has been icy with school closings and lots of car wrecks due to ice on bridges and ramps. It's normally not so cold at this time of the year.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heard, this morning, that frumpy shoes are back. Think Birkenstock kinds of ugly. Aargh!!!

Allergy-wise, it's time to renew my love affair with my Nora, the neti pot. I've been hacking like a cat with a furball for the past 2 days. This has got to stop! Simply Saline is a neti pot on an on-going payment plan. Makes no sense to me, but I guess it could make for a wise investment for people who just have to have a product from the drugstore.

My gurls are giving me the "stink-eye" look because I am sneezing and coughing. The first one to roll her eyes is going to "catch one" upside her head or butt!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Stay warm, MsDiva2007! I'm a California girl too and went to Illinois over the weekend. No snow, fortunately, but the 20 degree temperature was, shall I say, bracing!

I went to Chicago for my mother's cousin's 100th birthday party. I've never done such a short trip before - gone from home for 45 hours, 18 of which were spent getting to and from the airport, waiting at the airport and flying. But I'm really glad I went. This could very well be the last time I see this relative, and I got to see some other relatives I hadn't seen in 40 years (how is that possible that 40 years went by so fast?). It may be my last trip to Illinois to visit relatives as they're not close relatives. A second cousin is the closest. The others are even more distant, but it was still great to see them all.

Something I learned about hotels - if you ever leave a phone charger or other cord at home, ask at the front desk. My brother brought his Garmin, but didn't bring the adapter. He said he was going to ask to go through the box at the front desk. My other brother and I looked at each other like he was crazy. But I guess most hotels keep a box of miscellaneous adapters, chargers, etc. that get left behind.

There wasn't an adapter in the box. The desk clerk disappeared for a couple of minutes and came back with one. She had gone out to her car to get hers for my brother to use! That's really exceptional customer service. (I did tell the manager about this extraordinary act and he gave me his card so I could email him about it, so he could forward it to corporate - which I did.)

It's so rare that I get good customer service that I try to always recognize it. I was recently at a dept store shoe sale and they had many shoes on sale shelves. I couldn't find my size and asked two of the shoe sales clerks about it, but they said they were on display if they had it. I was considering getting the wrong size, because it was such a great deal. I happened to wander over to another dept and a nice lady asked to hold my merchandise. She asked if I was finding everything okay and I commented about the show size issue and she said, I'll help you with that. I'll call and see if any other store has it and we can mail it to your home. NO CHARGE. She called and as it turns out, their store had 2 pair IN STOCK. She went to the stock room and found my correct size in the show I wanted and brought it to me to try on. Meanwhile the clerks who had lied to me pretended to be busy.

I bought the shoes and made sure to take the survey on the receipt and praised the clerk for going out of her way to assist me and making the sale.
    Punkin, Kip, inthegarden and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Well, I'm nowhere near snow country and we've had the warmest, dryest, most summer-like winter ever. Pollen is early and high.
    Warm and dry weather causes high pollen counts too.
    All of us with allergies better stock up on our preventative measures this year.

+ Reply to Thread