+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just got my Magic Bullet today and couldn't wait to use it. I haven't tried the large blender or juicer attachment yet but I made the iced mocha recipe and it was *almost* as good as Starbucks. I always throw out unused coffee but not anymore! Just put in your cold coffee, milk, chocolate syrup, ice, sugar (I didn't use sugar, trying to cut back) and blend.

The book has some easy recipes and the website provided by misskitty also has additional recipes. I bought some vanilla yogurt and tomorrow morning I'm going to make a breakfast smoothie. I don't drink or eat enough dairy so this will be a good way to get myself to do it. Oh, and I've been reading about the benefits of flax seed ( http://www.healthcastle.com/flax.shtml)so I'm going to add some seeds to my breakfast drinks.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thanks guys! I had no idea what it was and had never even heard of a Magic Bullet but after you guys were raving about it, it sounds like a good purchase. I hate dealing with my bulky blender...and it usually stays in a cabine somewhere. And if ArchieComicFan's right about that mocha... myrosiedog told me that I should be on the lookout for those Bed Bath and Beyond coupons 'cause then I can get 20% off the price at the store...so I think that's what I'm going to do! Thanks all!

Hey, what kind of neat holiday presents did you all get this...I mean last year? I received a lot of very nice gifts this year...but one of the best is a series of massages at my favorite spa! The husband got me a series of 12--1 every month for all of 2007!!! I can't wait. My first one is next week!

Besides my new mp3 player(which i'm bored yet over the moon with) I got a Magic 8 Ball and an electronic Fortune teller. Haven't opened the latter. In a few weeks, i'll receive my telescope.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2192831;
    Hey, what kind of neat holiday presents did you all get this...I mean last year?
    This year I thought all my presents were neat. My parents bought us a central vacuum, which I thought was very generous of them. My sister and her hubby got me a gift certificate at a cooking supplies store and my husband bought me something I truly didn't need but appreciated nonetheless: a necklace with a diamond circle of life. I was a little upset at him because we agreed not to buy each other presents as this year is shaping up to be expensive, but it's not a refundable type of present...

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2192745;
    Oh, and I've been reading about the benefits of flax seed ( http://www.healthcastle.com/flax.shtml)so I'm going to add some seeds to my breakfast drinks.
    I didn't spend much time in the site you posted so I don't know if they mentioned this, but to get all the benefits of flax seeds you need to grind them otherwise they'll just...pass on through.

I've got to say that I swear by my daily breakfast of oatmeal with a spoonful of ground flax, a spoonful of multigrain cereal and a couple of spoons of raisins for flavour (no sugar, no salt, no milk). I am yyuuuugggge, but my blood pressure, cholesterol level and bone density are all better than average for a person my age, not to mention my weight, and I can promise you it isn't genetic.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Thanks Rattus for the tip about grinding them up. I put some in the bullet and they ground right up easily. I put them in a baggie and into the fridge. Now I can scoop some out as needed. Putting some in oatmeal sounds good. I really need to start eating breakfast, it's just so hard sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2192831;
    Hey, what kind of neat holiday presents did you all get this...I mean last year?
    That massage gift sounds like a great present. I am far too ticklish for massages I got slippers from my Mum and step dad, my whole apartment is tile floor and very cold, so I am happy for those. My Dad got me the entire Karate Kid series - special edition and lots of commentaries and stuff. My brother got me a Roald Dahl book of adult writings and my other brother and SIL got me Merry Christmas lotion.

My coolest gift I won't be getting until the end of March, but I can wait for that.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

The magic bullet thing always looks so handy in the infomercials, I've been thinking about getting one. Maybe I'll look for a Bed Bath and Beyond sale too.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD
    LOVE my magic bullet. I got mine for Christmas in 05 and have used it a LOT this year. Best thing so far: crushing peppermint candies for my peppermint bark. Have put them in a bag and used a hammer in the past. No more.

I do onions, nuts, coffee beans, ice cubes, etc.

It's great and I do a supplement shake every morning and it really does a great job on that as everything else I've tried still leaves sludge (undesolved, but wet, supplement powder) i the bottom. Not my Bullet.

Definetly one of my favorite things.

Best thing I got for Christmas this year? A super nice, soft, warm scarf, hat and glove/mitten set which I desperately needed being a Florida gal in the cold. And a beautiful cameo watch and bracelet set. And the new Eric Clapton/JJ Cale CD.
    But my daughter painted me a self portrait and its fabulous. I need to get it framed, so I guess that it is really the best thing I got. The others were pretty darn good though.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2192882;
    That massage gift sounds like a great present. I am far too ticklish for massages
    My coolest gift I won't be getting until the end of March, but I can wait for that.
    I thought I was the only one in the world who wouldn't be thrilled with a massage-- yep, too tickly unless it's a sore spot, and then I'm still better off trying to rub it out myself.
    So, we want to know what you're getting in March, don't leave us hanging.

About the flax seeds-- ACF, don't overdo how many you put in things or they're kind of slimy. I put a tablespoon in my (huge)lunch salad and a bit more in my oatmeal.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread