+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've never felt the need to use mascara. I guess I could see using it if you have really pale eyelashes and want to make them more visible. It's certainly not a must-have cosmetic for me.
    Punkin likes this.

My lashes are really fair, I didn't know they were as long as they are until I had them tinted.
    I wish I had my sons lashes long, dark..It's very unfair
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have put bird seed out back and even during sleet and snow, the birds will feed like crazy.

Masacara has disappointed me a lot over the years. I think my next move is false eyelashes. Any suggestion for the most comfortable, natural and easy to apply brand?
    This product is what I am seeing everywhere and I have a friend who sells it. Personally I can't use but certain ones because of allergies to them.
    https://www.youniqueproducts.com/products#.UyHXb86rMyY
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I've never felt the need to use mascara. I guess I could see using it if you have really pale eyelashes and want to make them more visible. It's certainly not a must-have cosmetic for me.
    If you're blonde mascara can be your best friend.

Thanks for the tips. I am blonde, well....that's my story...lol My hair is blonde anyway. I used to have great lashes, but they always needed curling as they don't curl up, which I think is adorable.

The problem is that after I had costmetic surgery on my upper and lower eyelids a few years ago. (To remove excess skin. Happy with the difference.) The eyelashes all came out, which he said was normal. They did return, but not as full as before, thus my search for help. AND I developed super light sensitive eyes. This happened awhile after the surgery, so I'm not convinced it's related. Some days I have it, others I don't. It may be allergies or stress based. I'm not sure. But, most days my eyes are so sensitive that I can't stand to be under light in front of a mirror. It hurts and my eyes pour water and applying mascara is almost impossible. Sorry to whine. I have a very good ophthamolgist, but no real reason for why this happens. I do have an eye condition on one, but it shouldn't cause problems on the other, but I have sensitivity in both......TMI...anyway, I don't know what causes my problem. I just want my lashes to look good again. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I prefer waterproof mascara.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Waterproof makes the lashes clump together for me, especially at the end of the day. It's a pain to remove too.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the tips. I am blonde, well....that's my story...lol My hair is blonde anyway. I used to have great lashes, but they always needed curling as they don't curl up, which I think is adorable.

The problem is that after I had costmetic surgery on my upper and lower eyelids a few years ago. (To remove excess skin. Happy with the difference.) The eyelashes all came out, which he said was normal. They did return, but not as full as before, thus my search for help. AND I developed super light sensitive eyes. This happened awhile after the surgery, so I'm not convinced it's related. Some days I have it, others I don't. It may be allergies or stress based. I'm not sure. But, most days my eyes are so sensitive that I can't stand to be under light in front of a mirror. It hurts and my eyes pour water and applying mascara is almost impossible. Sorry to whine. I have a very good ophthamolgist, but no real reason for why this happens. I do have an eye condition on one, but it shouldn't cause problems on the other, but I have sensitivity in both......TMI...anyway, I don't know what causes my problem. I just want my lashes to look good again. lol
    I wear false lashes every day. I use the strip kind but I buy them off of Amazon and they come from overseas. I pay $1 or $2 for 10 pairs. If you want to try them out, there are really only a few brands out there. Ardell and Maybelline (at least at the Walgreens I go to) and both are about $5 - $7 for 1 pair. I use the dark glue b/c it dries black and looks like liner. The clear glue is not really clear when it dries (IMO). PM me for more info if you need it.

there is a beauty thread where mascara is discussed. Share your BEAUTY secrets????
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    They say that the B.T.S. mascara makes it look like you are wearing false eyelashes.
    #1. Is it non-allergenic? (My eyes itch and water with most mascaras and other eye makeups, so I'm limited)
    #2. Is it waterproof/sweatproof: for work at Old Town, I wear mid-1800s long-sleeved, long-skirted (with petticoat!) garb in very warm weather and give one- and two-hour walking tours.
    #3. If yes to both, where can I buy it?
    Last edited by Ellen; 03-13-2014 at 10:28 PM.
    Punkin likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    #2. Is it waterproof/sweatproof: for work at Old Town, I wear mid-1800s long-sleeved, long-skirted (with petticoat!) garb in very warm weather — and give one- and two-hour walking tours.
    All I gotta' say is Yay! You get that good mascara, sweetie pie! I'm still hoping to get to San Diego for a special tour!
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread