+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6753Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I live in northeast Iowa and we've had a horrendous winter! Today was nice and it's starting to melt, but spring is still way too far away for my tastes.

Here's a picture of the snow in my backyard, taken this afternoon.
    (March 8, 2014)Attachment 29700
    A week ago I could have beaten you hands down. But right now you have me beaten easily.
    I've never seen this much snow since before I moved into this house 15 years ago, but it's been in the low 40's highs all week with a predicted high today of 50. After a few days of feet deep slush, it's going down now. You can see pavement down the middle of my street, although the ice & slush has all congregated on the sides of the street, in front of driveways. In places, you can even see some grass on my lawn, although it's brown & frozen.
    The pile across my lawn where the snow from the driveway has been thrown is still about 4 foot deep. Last weekend it was comfortably over 5.
    The forecast is for highs in the high 30's to mid 40's all week. Lows in the upper teens to mid 20's.
    It looks like we've finally got this on the run.

Seeing that you get your weather a few days after us, you have a solid warming trend to look forward to. That is, other than the slush.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 03-09-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The weather forecast is for temps in the 40's for this week, so I'm hoping that much of the snow will be gone. It's been a long time since we've seen this much snow here too. The funny thing is, our front yard barely has any snow and the back yard is deep. We have a drift in our arborvitae trees that's 25 feet high. I hate to even think about the damage all that heavy snow is doing to the trees. BUT... spring is almost here so there is hope!
    Punkin likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

A couple of hours ago there was a 6.9 quake off the coast of far northern California. Any poster north of San Francisco or even in the bay area may have felt it. Did you?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hey Debb!! I heard a great song this morning on GMA by a guy names Eric Pasley called "Friday Night"! I was in the bathroom and I just couldn't stop rocking!!! It was sharp!!! I know this has to be one of your people!

Every now and then, they sneak one in on me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hey, Eric Pasly is actually from Texas and not NC, but I do like his new song. It's around #2 on the Country Video Countdown. I'm hoping he has some good songs lined up.

When I said "one of your people", I meant a country music performer, not where he was from.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    A couple of hours ago there was a 6.9 quake off the coast of far northern California. Any poster north of San Francisco or even in the bay area may have felt it. Did you?
    That earthquake centered off of the coast of Northern California near Eureka, which is very close to Oregon. It is about 200 miles from where I live, but since it was so far away and the middle of the night here, I didn't feel it. There have been a number of quakes there in the last day and I hear that there were no reports of damage or injuries in Eureka, which is good.

They noted on the GMA ticker this morning that it was felt as far away as Eugene, OR. It happened at 10:18 PM last evening according to USGS info. Anyway, any quake that large in the subduction zone is a worry.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-10-2014 at 10:56 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just read about the earthquake when I got up this morning. 6.9 is a pretty impressive one. I didn't feel anything, but Eureka is pretty far away.

65 today, 72 tomorrow, snow showers on Wednesday. Wouldn't you know that Wednesday is when I have to go out.

+ Reply to Thread