+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6753Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Southwestern Oregon - we had the most beautiful day of the year so far. Trees are blooming everywhere, many with pink flowers against a brilliant blue sky. It was in the mid 60's and most everyone in my town had high spirits as the sun and blue skies send us into such a good frame of mind! It is fantastic to be around so many people who have smiles on their faces. I took a walk downtown to a neighborhood store and enjoyed shopping a great sale where the owner and employees know me by name. It was fun. Life is good. The weekend is ahead of me, which doesn't hurt, either. I plan to sleep in until at least 7AM tomorrow.
    Photobabe, Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.

You'd Love Martinez, a cute little town! The San Francisco Bay Area is a melting pot of climates. A description of San Francisco attributed to Mark Twain (Samuel Clemons) was, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Well, Snopes will tell you that isn't true, snopes.com: Mark Twain on Coldest Winter, but there is reason for his dubious "quote". There are areas in The City that are almost all Summer-long fog bound because the very hot Central Valley drags cool air from the ocean, well because I'm not sure why, but for whatever reasons some spots aren't great, though some are. If you should want to visit the SF Area you would want to come in Spring or Fall. As Goldilocks would put it, "Not too hot, and not too cold, but Juuuuuust Right!"
    Ellen, Arielflies and Cootie like this.

In OKlahoma we get all 4 seasons. Sometime the winter and the summer drag on a little to long.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

What are Seasons? Most of our trees are Evergreens like the Redwoods, Pines, Cypress, Palms, Spruce, etc., and those aggressive usurpers, the many Eucalyptus transplants. But we do see the occasional deciduous trees like the beautiful red-turning Maples or annoying, messy Sycamores. But, mostly no seasons. It's OK, we buy calendars of New England and thereabouts. :>)
    Brooks and Cootie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    You'd Love Martinez, a cute little town! The San Francisco Bay Area is a melting pot of climates. A description of San Francisco attributed to Mark Twain (Samuel Clemons) was, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Well, Snopes will tell you that isn't true, snopes.com: Mark Twain on Coldest Winter, but there is reason for his dubious "quote". There are areas in The City that are almost all Summer-long fog bound because the very hot Central Valley drags cool air from the ocean, well because I'm not sure why, but for whatever reasons some spots aren't great, though some are. If you should want to visit the SF Area you would want to come in Spring or Fall. As Goldilocks would put it, "Not too hot, and not too cold, but Juuuuuust Right!"
    Hmm, sound perfect .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I not only have an issue with heat, but also with humidity which I also finds needs controlling.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Stay safe, Gut! You know, my mom got me a really cool little charger for my phone that holds enough of a charge to give me like 9 hours of talk time. It also will charge my Kindle. I just charge it up on my laptop - it plugs right into the USB port. My mom thought it would be good for when I do 8 hour art shows where I need to run credit card sales through my phone. Sometimes, I'm nervously eying my battery life near the end of the day. It charges my phone really quickly too, especially if I keep it in airplane mode. This one may just be for the iPhone, but they may have them for other phones as well.

I just looked it up and they have it on Amazon super cheap: Amazon.com: myCharge Trek 2000 Rechargeable Power Bank (Discontinued by Manufacturer): MP3 Players & Accessories
    Not so helpful right now, I know, but maybe in the future...
    I bought a much cheaper version of this phone / ipad / kindle charger and you get what you pay for. I'm sending it back and investing in the better brand. The one I got didn't hold much of a charge and stopped charging my phone after a few percentage points were added to the battery. UGH. It was $19.95 so like I said, I guess you get what you pay for!

Edited to add: I just looked at the price on this one and it is only $10.39. WoW. Critical have you had any issues with it?
    Last edited by PGM35; 03-08-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Edited to add info

AZChristian, please tell me the fairy tale again about the warm weather, as I brave the freezing temps and snow in SW Kansas.
    Punkin likes this.
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    AZChristian, please tell me the fairy tale again about the warm weather, as I brave the freezing temps and snow in SW Kansas.
    Once upon a time, there was a land where the weather forecast looked like this:

Capture.jpg

And the people of the land were SOOOOOO happy during October, November, December, January, February, March, April and May. And in June, July, August, and September, the people of the land went on cruises to Alaska.

And they lived happily ever after.
    Punkin, Ellen, captain and 4 others like this.

Here in Ohio, I keep saying every winter that winters last far too long. This winter seems even double long. Can't wait for spring to arrive!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread