+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5807Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It was 82ish when I took my walk this afternoon.

(I just wanna be a blessing to y'all!)
    Why thank you AZ! LOL
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, I'm in North Carolina. I used to always include it in my post, but thought it got too repetitive. I'll put it back in when I post about weather.

Did those who live in CA ever get any mud slides? I recall it was a concern according to the news reports.

Mudslides were in Southern California where there had been wildfires and there was no vegetation to hold the dirt together. Our rainstorms were not enough to get us out of trouble (drought), but gave my gardens a nice soaking. I hope we get more rain storms.
    Kip likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was 82ish when I took my walk this afternoon.

(I just wanna be a blessing to y'all!)
    I hate the 80s! It too easily turns evil.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I don't do well in extreme heat or extreme cold. I don't even like upper 80s weather. A most perfect temperature for me would be 75 degrees F, year-round. I've heard San Diego's weather is like that (Hi Ellen!), but I am not sure I could deal with some of the other problems there like earthquakes, mudslides, etc. I'm identified as Eastcoastmom, but I think I've mentioned in a lot of posts that I reside in/on Long Island, NY...about a 45 minute train ride to Penn Station in Manhattan.

I get excited because we will see 46/48..with sunny skies. 82 is a longggg way off for us.

I don't do well in extreme heat or extreme cold. I don't even like upper 80s weather. A most perfect temperature for me would be 75 degrees F, year-round. I've heard San Diego's weather is like that (Hi Ellen!), but I am not sure I could deal with some of the other problems there like earthquakes, mudslides, etc. I'm identified as Eastcoastmom, but I think I've mentioned in a lot of posts that I reside in/on Long Island, NY...about a 45 minute train ride to Penn Station in Manhattan.
    I used to love it, even in Mexico I was too hot. But we had pools and AC. I wanted to live somewhere hot like that, now I am not so sure. Weird how things change as we age
    Punkin likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

You folks can plan on hearing me whine a bit about the weather when it's 120 here. But I believe that pretty much anywhere you live, there are 3 months of the year when you don't want to go outside. For us, it's July, August, and September. But even so, you have to keep a sweater handy if you're going out. Movies and restaurants keep their A/C on FRIGID during those months.

Hubby and I are already planning to substitute strength workouts in the gym this summer for our daily 5+ mile walks. We'll walk in the early mornings, but probably no more than 3 miles at a time. When it's 90+ when you wake up, it's time to do something else.
    Punkin likes this.

You folks can plan on hearing me whine a bit about the weather when it's 120 here. But I believe that pretty much anywhere you live, there are 3 months of the year when you don't want to go outside. For us, it's July, August, and September. But even so, you have to keep a sweater handy if you're going out. Movies and restaurants keep their A/C on FRIGID during those months.

Hubby and I are already planning to substitute strength workouts in the gym this summer for our daily 5+ mile walks. We'll walk in the early mornings, but probably no more than 3 miles at a time. When it's 90+ when you wake up, it's time to do something else.
    We love the movies, but like you I have to take big sweaters when we go in the summer, they really crank that AC and we are not 120 either.
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I have to wear a sweater even in my own house. I set the a/c on around 75 and it's still too cold for me, but the menfolk insist that the a/c is on in the summer. If I am moving around a lot I will sweat a bit and the a/c feels refreshing but if I am just sitting around, I begin to freeze. It's awful. Cold in the winter and freezing in the summer. I am never feeling comfortable. I've got circulation problems, I guess.

If you stay cold even when it's not, check your thyroid. That's a sign. I have it. It got better when I went on meds.

Man the weather is lousy here. (NC) Ice, rain, cold, windy .......my pharmacy has lost it's power. Waiting to get in there. Long story on why I waited to the last minute. I thought my prescription would be changed, but my Dr. hasn't gotten back to me. Oh well.....it's supposed to be WARM tomorrow! Yaaaaaaaaaaay.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread