+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5899Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've never heard of getting dizziness with UTIs. I've had my share and never remember encountering dizziness. I went through a ridiculous period of "honeymoon cystitis" when I first married, which seemed unlikely to me because we had lived together for about 2 years before we married. After having seen me in the office one time too many for the UTI, the lady doc that I was seeing decided that she couldn't keep putting me on antibiotics, that she wanted to try a vitamin regimen. She put me on Vitamins A, B, and C in elevated amounts and, within a couple of days not only was my urine crystal clear but my symptoms completely disappeared. From that point on, anytime I had an inkling of the beginnings of a UTI I'd immediately start myself on those vitamins and they would quickly straighten me out. The doctor was amazed, and so was I. I wasn't drinking as much water back then as I am now....and I wasn't drinking any cranberry juice, which people always swear by. I've never been impressed with cranberry juice as my management tool.

I'm with you, AZ. These docs and their prescription pads. I think I'll check into the niacin with my doc. What dosage do you take? She'll go along with me trying it out if it makes sense for me; she is reasonable. I hate to have to go back to checking my BP everyday, but I will if I can possibly get rid of my medication.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Drinking enough water daily can make a big difference in preventing dizziness to UTI'S. When I slack off drinking enough water, I'm sometimes likely to get a UTI.
    My daughter in law is the same as you. She drinks a lot of water and so far its really helped her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Congratulations on that weight loss, AZChristian! That's incredible! I would imagine you would have excess skin after losing that much weight. Have you gotten any estimates on cost?
    Probably in the neighborhood of $6,500 with anesthesia, etc. So I hold my arms up as though my hands were a scale . . . another cruise or arm surgery? Somehow, even with the ugly drooping, I end up calling my travel agent instead of a surgeon.
    Punkin, waywyrd, Kip and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Probably in the neighborhood of $6,500 with anesthesia, etc. So I hold my arms up as though my hands were a scale . . . another cruise or arm surgery? Somehow, even with the ugly drooping, I end up calling my travel agent instead of a surgeon.
    I think I would choose another cruise as well.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Regarding water, for me choosing it over other things is the key. I now drink water instead of diet soda, so I am consuming less caffeine, and artificial chemicals sweeteners. Drinking water can also curb my appetite and keep me busy if I feel like snacking even though I'm not hungry.

AZChristian - Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! Does the excess skin eventually go away even if you don't have surgery? I have never known anyone who had such drastic weight loss, so I am completely clueless!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Wow, 130 pounds lost? You are my new hero, AZ!!! Congratulations, that is amazing!

I am having a devil of a time losing since Feb. I am closing in on 11 months and have lost a total of 102 lbs. The weight loss has stalled and I've been dieting and exercising diligently. I am going to do knee replacement surgery, one knee at a time. I am also thinking of doing some liposuction on my thighs. I do have a bit of a roll on the belly, but it's not so bad, considering. Most of my weight was in the buttocks, thighs, legs, and bust areas. Gravity has taken its toll on the boobs but I am not sure about a lift. Not sure about a tummy tuck, either. My upper arms are flabby but honestly I have not done any type of exercise to help tone. I just want to look decent in shorts so I am considering liposuction. Has anyone here ever had any lipo done and how was the recovery?

Personally for me, I have been on several cruises, as I know you have been on many, AZ, so if I had a choice I would choose plastic surgery.
    Kip and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Regarding water, for me choosing it over other things is the key. I now drink water instead of diet soda, so I am consuming less caffeine, and artificial chemicals sweeteners. Drinking water can also curb my appetite and keep me busy if I feel like snacking even though I'm not hungry.

AZChristian - Congratulations on your amazing weight loss! Does the excess skin eventually go away even if you don't have surgery? I have never known anyone who had such drastic weight loss, so I am completely clueless!
    If I were as young as the young lady who won Biggest Loser this year, there is some chance that the excess skin would go away, since skin is very elastic. But also like elastic, it can lose it's snap when it gets old . . . so mine will not go away.

I have had a tummy tuck and a "reduction" . . . both of which were necessary for physical comfort and aesthetics. But the arm thing would be just 100% vanity, and I just can't justify it.

Now, if we win the lottery . . . BAM!
    ClosetRTWatcher and Lizard like this.

Congrats to EastCoastMom on her success too! I'm impressed. That takes so much focus and dedication. There should be a fund for anyone who loses that much weight to get whatever procedure they need to make them feel comfortable. Even if it's not strictly medical. It can't be a common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Congrats to EastCoastMom on her success too! I'm impressed. That takes so much focus and dedication. There should be a fund for anyone who loses that much weight to get whatever procedure they need to make them feel comfortable. Even if it's not strictly medical. It can't be a common thing.
    Let's propose this for the next phase of Obamacare! No one will be able to sign up for it, but it will be available for those who need it! (LOL . . . just a joke!)
    Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I totally misread angelic's post. She said the water makes a difference in everything from UTIs TO dizziness. That all makes sense to me since dehydration can cause dizziness. Dizziness is an early sign in heat exhaustion. With your love of coffee, dehydration would not be an uncommon. Caffeine dehydrates. Sodas, diet sodas, etc.

I also screwed up the niacin fixing my BP when AZ said it's for cholesterol. I am having a misquoting morning!

I swear, if I got some kind of fancy-schmancy cosmetic surgery, it would be my luck to spend all of that money and get hit by a bus the next month!! What good would it do me to make a good looking corpse? I'd hate to arrive at the Pearly Gates with a scowl on my face....irritated for all eternity!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread