+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7239Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I won't argue with what your doctor says, but I just have read several places that it may sound good to tell people to drink lots of water, but there is no real medical evidence of that contention. And my doctors have told me something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I won't argue with what your doctor says, but I just have read several places that it may sound good to tell people to drink lots of water, but there is no real medical evidence of that contention. And my doctors have told me something different.
    I get cramps in my legs at night when I don't drink enough water..I will pay heed (always) to my doctor, every *body* is different, with different needs.
    Ellen and captain like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Tonight, I told my kitties the story of fuzzy wuzzy. I don't think they really cared that fuzzy wuzzy was a bear or that fuzzy wuzzy had no hair. They only briefly stirred while I told them the story, then yawned and went back to napping.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Tonight, I told my kitties the story of fuzzy wuzzy. I don't think they really cared that fuzzy wuzzy was a bear or that fuzzy wuzzy had no hair. They only briefly stirred while I told them the story, then yawned and went back to napping.
    Okay, so now tell us
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With each body being different, I can't argue with the positive effects drinking water and using moisturizer has on my skin and my son's skin. The proof is obvious, cheap, and consistent.

I've never heard about the positive connection to cholesterol. I think there is a strong heredity factor there, too. AZ, do you happen to know your family's (parents) cholesterol history? I do know that my mother had a high cholesterol history, high triglyceride history, and high blood pressure history. I inherited the cholesterol and blood pressure issues, but not the triglycerides. No matter how great my physical shape, my cholesterol numbers read all wonky but are controllable with minimal medication. One doc told me that she had never seen a "good" cholesterol number as high as mine (HDL....the one that protects you from heart attacks); the low was within appropriate range. We look at my levels twice/year. The men in my mother's family were good at dying early from sudden, nasty heart attacks, but that was before my time.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Theoretically, my mother's side of the family was full of people with bad hearts and high cholesterol. Grandma died of heart failure at 85, and my mother died of pure meanness at about the same age (sorry, the truth must be told).

One of my issues with cholesterol is that they keep moving the scale regarding what "high cholesterol" is. 20 years ago, anything below 205 qualified us for a discount on our health insurance. 5 years ago, my former doctor was fighting with me because I refused statin drugs when my cholesterol was at 187. He said, "We can get it below 100." My opinion is that just because they CAN get it that low, it's not necessary . . . unless you're getting kickbacks from a drug company for pushing their crap.

I now take 2,000 milligrams of niacin every day, which keeps my cholesterol in the high-normal range, and that's good enough for me. I've also kicked up my intake of water to see if that helps, too.

The bottom line is, 50 years from now, I'll be in Heaven no matter what I do regarding my cholesterol. That works for me!

Drinking enough water daily can make a big difference in preventing dizziness to UTI'S. When I slack off drinking enough water, I'm sometimes likely to get a UTI.
    nennie and Miss Scarlet like this.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Recently, I started curling my hair. So many people have complimented me on it. Even young men! lol Now I feel like I have to curl it everytime I go to the office, church, events, etc. Oh the pressure! lol I was concerned about applying too much heat so I got some of those foam curlers. They work great! Now to get my botox rescheduled and a spray tan! I'll be set for Spring. lol

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

If I could do anything to improve my body image, I'd have my upper arms "fixed" . . . Having lost 130+ pounds from my peak weight, they're nasty looking, and it limits my choices in clothing. Hubby would let me do it, it's ME that doesn't want to spend the money.

Congratulations on that weight loss, AZChristian! That's incredible! I would imagine you would have excess skin after losing that much weight. Have you gotten any estimates on cost?
    Kip likes this.

+ Reply to Thread