+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7137Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Our hearts go out to your Mom, Amanda . . . she has really been a "beamer" to us as well.

Having just lost my Yorkie 6 months ago, I know losing her chihuahua will be a real blow to your Mom. I agree with those who feel it might be better to wait until she gets home to tell her. One of the hardest things I had to adjust to was not having Summer run to the door to greet me whenever I came home. If your Mom knows about her doggy before she gets home, the entire trip home will really be hard for her . . . and arriving will be even harder. And if she asks why you didn't tell her at the hospital, tell her that you didn't want her to dread coming home.

I am so sorry for everything she's going through. Please give her a hug from her friends at FoRT . . . and thank you for keeping us in the loop on her progress.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Are you drinking plenty of water? That makes a huge difference in my skin and my son has also learned that trick.
    Thanks, I didn't used to but I actually am drinking enough water now. I used to be a diet soda drinker, but I have now eradicated pop from my house and we only keep bottled water as a "convenience" drink.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If Sonnyboy isn't drinking enough water, his skin breaks out something fierce. Hallelujah, for the lesson! We use to have one of those water machines (like you may see in the doctor's/dentist waiting room) in our den, and he learned to love it and the independence of being able to get his own, cold water.

There is a church here that is giving out the Ash Wednesday ashes in an ice cream store and one of our grocery stores (Kroger)....for people who are on the go and can't make it to church. Interesting move, if you like to keep that ritual. Of course, this heathen doesn't!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I try and drink more water, but then I find myself waking up to use the washroom umpteen times.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I try and drink more water, but then I find myself waking up to use the washroom umpteen times.
    I hear you! I do feel like I am getting up for that purpose more often, but I know the water is good for me, so I'm trying to ignore that part! I have been doing Zumba classes twice a week and I'm also in the middle of a 6 week Insanity Workout class. If I drink a LOT of water during the day before I have a class it makes a HUGE difference in how I feel during and after the class!!

Amanda, I am so sorry that your mom had complications. And I completely understand your concern about telling her she has lost a pet also. Losing a pet is rough enough when a person is healthy!! It sounds like your mom is getting great support from her family and medical community. I would definitely expect her to be down for a while. However, she is a tough woman and I think she will bounce back from this just the way she did before. It just takes time. I agree with those that said having her grandchildren around soon could really help bring up her spirits. Telling her about the dog seems trickier. I'm not sure there is a good time for that news. The other advice here about waiting until she gets home so that she doesn't dread going home seems to make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Once my body adjusted to a regular intake of water, the nighttime trips to the restroom seriously declined. I think adjustment makes all the difference in the world.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Once my body adjusted to a regular intake of water, the nighttime trips to the restroom seriously declined. I think adjustment makes all the difference in the world.
    My trips are fine in the summer, I drink a ton of water. The winter? not so much..I only drink 5 glasses a day now instead of 7.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Growing up, we had the best tasting well water. It was virtually all I drank. After leaving home, I turned to other beverages to quench my thirst, because no other water could compare.

Happily, I'm back in a home with well water and we have a refrigerator with a water dispenser/filter, so . Having a drink makes me feel like a kid again... it is my Fountain of Youth, I guess you could say.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I drink 6, sometimes 7 glasses of water daily. Just never can get up to 8. Unfortunately for me, I also take a diuretic for my blood pressure, which only exacerbates the trips to the restroom.

I drink around 6 glasses of water daily, too. It's an effort to drink 8 glasses daily, for me.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread