+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6573Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I've had more weather induced migraine's this winter due to the temperature. I'm dreading spring tornado season and the air pressure changes
    I feel for you, mine are weather induced. Summer and storms are the worst - I put an ice pack on my neck when I know we have a storm rolling in..
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Schools are closed again today, due to icing on non-major roads.

I awoke with a vicious allergy attack....itchy and runny eyes, runny nose, sneezing. Interestingly enough, it left just like it showed up....out of nowhere. I fought taking an allergy pill since that would mean me being asleep, more so than not, until noon tomorrow. I am not in the mood for that. I guess I could make myself feel 100% better by using my neti pot, but my laziness has taken control of my good senses.

(Besides, I'm busy catching up on shows I recorded but have not watched over the past 2 nights!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all! This is the COLDEST Mardi Gras I can remember. I still have ice on my porch, deck, and trees and it's well after noon. This weather is nuts!

Pikachu, I hope your grandmother is doing well.

Sorry to hear of these sinus and allergy problems. So far, I'm okay.

I ran across this video that made me laugh. I like the little boy at the end who loves the rotary phone. Says he loves classics. lol
    KIDS REACT TO ROTARY PHONES - YouTube
    inthegarden likes this.

That was cute. I remember the first time I ever saw a push button phone and tried to use it. I thought it was too confusing and would never catch on.
    Count your blessings!

For awhile in the 1960's my grandparents had a PARTY LINE. Have you ever heard of that? Several people shared a phone line. You had to pick up the phone and make sure your neighbor wasn't on the phone before placing your call! Each home on that line had a unique ring, such as two short, one long so you knew who the call was for! You could easily eavesdrop on other's calls.
    shyra and Photobabe like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That was toooo cute!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    For awhile in the 1960's my grandparents had a PARTY LINE. Have you ever heard of that? Several people shared a phone line. You had to pick up the phone and make sure your neighbor wasn't on the phone before placing your call! Each home on that line had a unique ring, such as two short, one long so you knew who the call was for! You could easily eavesdrop on other's calls.
    Yes! We had a party line when I was little. On ours each line rang only in it's own home, so no hearing other people's rings. We did have the issue of having to make sure the neighbor(s) wasn't on the phone. Also, when we were on the phone we'd hear the other parties pick up the line checking. Sometimes quite often. Sometimes they'd even say something rude.

When my older siblings got into their teens & I was getting close, it became apparent to my parents that we had to have our own line instead of shared. Sooner or later the neighbors would have torched our house with a family full of teens using the phone. As it is we were constantly after each other about needing the phone & the other "hogging" it.
    No 2 lines for our family.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

We had a party line until the mid 60's. I remember my mother telling my sisters to not talk on the phone so much.
    There's no place like home!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

When I was growing up, we had a six-party line. When I was about in 4th grade, we got a two-party line, and a few years later got a private line.

+ Reply to Thread