+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I don't have any snow or ice problems, but I'm tired of the roller coaster of temperatures. Saturday it was 80 and I was sweating my butt off painting outside. Today it hasn't cracked 44. Granted, that's better than inches of snow and ice, but tell that to my sinuses!

Add me to the Buttered Popcorn Jelly Belly club. They're my favorite. Second is Toasted Marshmallow.
    I'm also a huge fan of licorice jelly beans. In fact, I love black licorice in any form. Supposedly the less processed black licorice is good for you. I have no idea how, but any time I see the words "good for you" in the same sentence as candy, I'm in.

I never buy the mixed Jelly Bellys. I'm always afraid I'll get a watermellon or chocolate one. Can't stand either flavor. I know, a woman who doesn't love chocolate is a freak of nature. But the only form of chocolate I can tolerate is an actual chunk of pure chocolate & even then I can take it or leave it. Any time something is chocolate flavored, eg: chocolate milk, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, chocolate hard candies, etc. I avoid it like the plague. Also stuff mixed with chocolate is nasty to me, like filled chocolates or stuff with chocolate swirl.

I like the Jelly Bellys in the dispenser tubes that you can pick your own & weigh your little bags. I keep each flavor in it's own little bag. They're getting harder to find this way though.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I am so glad the current snow is staying south of us. We have enough snow here!!!

I love sugary treats. However, over the last few years my skin has become more sensitive to my diet. It doesn't seem to like sugar much, so I'm trying to limit my sugar intake!
    Are you drinking plenty of water? That makes a huge difference in my skin and my son has also learned that trick.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a love/hate relationship with sugar, but my problem is chocolate and ice cream (but not chocolate ice cream ). Cadbury mini eggs are the world's most perfect food in my opinion. They've just become available for the season.
    I don't like any gummy, chewy candy that sticks to your teeth, but my favorite jelly beans were always the black ones.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

We have snow and ice this mornning. Many things are delayed until noon. Most schools are closed. The local news has preempted the national news to show road conditions. It's still very cold.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I had heard from my sister last week that my grandpa said my grandma wasn't doing well. Last night, my cousin sent me a message on Facebook that my grandma is in the hospital with an infection. I don't live close enough to go visit her but she does have my uncle (my mom's brother) and many relatives nearby so I feel relieved that she has family to check in on her.

I'll be wishing her a speedy recovery. I don't know the details about the infection or how widespread it is but hopefully my cousin will keep me updated.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Pikachu, wishing your grandmother a speedy recovery. That's great that she has so much family close by.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I had heard from my sister last week that my grandpa said my grandma wasn't doing well. Last night, my cousin sent me a message on Facebook that my grandma is in the hospital with an infection. I don't live close enough to go visit her but she does have my uncle (my mom's brother) and many relatives nearby so I feel relieved that she has family to check in on her.

I'll be wishing her a speedy recovery. I don't know the details about the infection or how widespread it is but hopefully my cousin will keep me updated.
    Sorry to hear this news Pikachu. I'll keep her in my prayers. Keep us updated. Maybe they can treat her infection and get her back home.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

It's good to focus on the positive aspect, that your grandma does have family there to be with her. I hope everything goes well for her.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I don't have any snow or ice problems, but I'm tired of the roller coaster of temperatures. Saturday it was 80 and I was sweating my butt off painting outside. Today it hasn't cracked 44. Granted, that's better than inches of snow and ice, but tell that to my sinuses!
    I've had more weather induced migraine's this winter due to the temperature. I'm dreading spring tornado season and the air pressure changes.

Licorice is good for the digestive system.

pikachu Healing thoughts and prayers for your grandma.

+ Reply to Thread