+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6947Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You are the only other person I'm familiar with who loves the popcorn jelly beans. To Die For!!!! Good taste, Debb, good taste!!!!

Buttered Popcorn flavored Dum-Dums are fabulous, too!
    Miss Scarlet and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I love licorice, but I'm trying to not eat any candy. That's not too hard for me as prefer salty, greasy snacks to sugar.

The Jelly Belly factory isn't too far from us. You can buy big bags of their "mistakes" there for a good discount. When my son was in graduate school in back East, he kept a bowl of jelly bellies on his desk. When he'd come home for a visit, he'd go over to the factory and get some more rejects to bring back. He was amused by the various behaviors - some people would grab an indiscriminate handful, some would pick out their favorites, some would only take 3 at a time but make multiple trips back, some would only take some when he was away from his desk, etc.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm a salty person, too. I don't really indulge myself with sweetness too often...but Easter is my special time! I hate eating plans that all seem to think that breakfasts should be sweet. WRONG-OLA!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We keep missing the snow. It either goes above us or below us. They are still canceling school when we have warnings, just to be safe. The cold and wind has been pretty brutal.

No jelly beans for me. If I'm going to eat sweets it's going to be chocolate.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    We keep missing the snow. It either goes above us or below us. They are still canceling school when we have warnings, just to be safe. The cold and wind has been pretty brutal.

Me, too!!

I went to the Red Lobster with friends this weekend and we were going to split dessert. I said I don't care which one as long as it's chocolate.

The decision was between a chocolate chip lava cookie or the chocolate wave (their fudgy, chocolate layer cake). I've had the chocolate wave before so we got it and it was very, very, very good. I told my friends they should call it Mmmm Mmmm cake because that's all you heard from everyone at our table while we were eating it.

I'm glad you weren't disappointed. I hate to order chocolate deserts out and the chocolate is anemic.
    I have a recipe for chocolate pudding cake. Super easy. It is cake and gooey pudding filling. It is one of my fixes for chocolate cravings.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post

I agree. While I do love licorice and licorice jelly beans, that indulgence was only when the kids were growing up and I made them each an Easter basket. In the past I have bought the movie sized box of Whoppers malted milk balls (love those things) in the supermarket or at Walgreens and consumed the entire box by myself. I just have no control when it comes to chocolate candy or chocolate bars. So, for the past year it has been off my shopping list and out of the house. I am proud to say I have not once raided my hubby's box of Russell Stover nut and chewy chocolates that I bought him for Valentines Day. That man has self-control. He eats 1 chocolate a day.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You are the only other person I'm familiar with who loves the popcorn jelly beans. To Die For!!!! Good taste, Debb, good taste!!!!

Buttered Popcorn flavored Dum-Dums are fabulous, too!
    OH YES! Love my popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys, but I'm not too picky. The last ones I bought were mistakes called Jelly Flops, by Jelly Belly! lol I found them at Big Lots. I got a good deal. It was a 16 oz bag for $3.00 and I have kept them for a long time now. I keep some purse at all times in case my sugar drops. I try not to cheat and I 've done pretty well. I still have over half a bag left and I bought them at least 6 months ago. I even shared some with friends at work.

For some reason I pick each jelly bean up and look at it, guess the flavor then savor it. Then repeat. It's the only treat I eat that way.

I am so glad the current snow is staying south of us. We have enough snow here!!!

I love sugary treats. However, over the last few years my skin has become more sensitive to my diet. It doesn't seem to like sugar much, so I'm trying to limit my sugar intake!

We dropped 40 degrees from what it was yesterday! I think it's going to be in the single digits for our wind chill factor tonight. It's supposed to warm up by this weekend. I hope after that we may be headed for a warm trend!

+ Reply to Thread