+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We're already into June for our last day of school. I'm just glad I don't have any school children to deal with! Today's problem was, mostly, ice.

Sick. Of. It.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Wow, daylight savings time again? And this one we end up losing sleep on, too. I like it better in the fall, when we get to wake up an hour later.

I almost forgot to mention tomorrow is IHOP's National Pancake Day. You can get a free short stack of pancakes and all they ask is that you consider giving a donation to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

I may be making pancakes tomorrow morning. It is SNOWING like crazy here! The freezing rain hit first. Now it's just snow. Temps are falling. What a wild spring this is going to be. I was out buying Easter decorations this weekend!

Speaking of Easter....which is not until late APRIL.....I need to start my hunt for my beloved black jelly beans!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I always keep a stash of jelly beans (Jelly Bellies) for emergencies. (I am a Type I diabetic and when my sugar drops the jelly beans are a good way to have a treat and get my sugar level back up.) I like all flavors except for pear. I even started liking licorice about a year ago!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    We're already into June for our last day of school. I'm just glad I don't have any school children to deal with! Today's problem was, mostly, ice.

Sick. Of. It.
    I'm not sure where you are, but if you're in the Eastern half of the US, be prepared for more. It seems you get your bad weather 3-7 days after we do, depending on where you are.
    We got well over a foot of snow dumped on us last weekend to Tuesday. By the end of the week, people were finally getting it cleared. Then this Friday-Saturday AM we got more. I got a good path cleared from my house to my garage early Saturday. Then we got about another foot dumped on us by Sunday.
    It's awful. There's no where left to put the snow. The residential streets are tons of rutted snow. People are getting stuck all over the place, right in front of their own homes.

The city does a good job of clearing the major streets so people can get around, but the residential off streets are horrible & left 'till last, or not at all. People use their snow blowers to clear their driveways & in front of their houses, but that leaves the streets even worse. It's a no win situation.
    Good news: It breaks this week. The forecast is for above freezing highs this week & little or no snow.

I'm so darned sick of this! From talking to other people, it hasn't been this bad in at least 15 years.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Do you have a favorite brand of licorice jelly beans, shay? I always bought the variety bag of teeny Jelly Belly jelly beans for my kids and would occasionally steal some black ones for me. I prefer gourmet jelly beans to the bagged varieties like Brachs, etc. Jelly Belly brand is not too bad, though.

I adore Jelly Bellys----any flavor! I adore black jelly beans...period! Before I retired, right before Easter (at work), I'd go from office door-to-office door collecting my black jelly beans since most people didn't want them! They'd save them for me. Orange ones are decent, too!

The other evening, I heard my favorite weatherman say that it looks like we will be abused by this weather until late March.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 03-03-2014 at 02:26 PM.

I am not crazy about jelly beans. I can eat them if it is the only sweet thing around but not many then. I can't stand licorice. That stuff is just plain nasty.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Sorry Miss Scarlet, it sounds like it's really horrible in your community. I'm hoping we can escape. The snow has stopped for awhile, but I'm not sure what tonight holds. With the frigid temps, it's likely to be very slick in the a.m.

I think my favorite Jelly Belly is popcorn. I love it. I also like any flavor in red, orange, white, blue and yellow.

+ Reply to Thread