+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm cooking supper tonight. Is it contagious? **Runs away**

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Um, er...it may have been me that jinxed everyone's cooking. Sorry!

I have almost all the laundry done, the house is clean, and the husband and I are looking forward to getting dressed up and going out to dinner tonight. All is right in the world.

I wanted to "clean house" of extra stuff we have that we don't need as well, so I've put together a couple of shopping bags full of clothes to donate to Goodwill and the Salvation Army. Most are clothes that are too tight on us now -- OK, me (ahem) -- but are barely worn and are still in really good condition. We figured we'd save them until we dropped a pound or five. I figure that someone can get good use out of these NOW and we can always buy more clothes if we lose some weight. And if we don't drop that extra weight, that's OK, too. We're still healthy and strong and don't have to beat ourselves up for not having a 20-year-old's body anymore!

And I was inspired after reading the posts in the Misc. Celebrity News thread about Julia Roberts' greediness and Jennifer Garner's geneoristy during their pregnancies. I may not be a movie star but that doesn't mean I still can't be more thoughtful about helping others. I've already returned all the maternity clothes that I purchased, since they were all unworn and still had the tags on them. But I have a lot of baby books, toys and clothes I had started to buy for my baby (who wasn't to be). I was going to return those items, too, but I've decided to donate them instead. They weren't very expensive and it won't make me any richer or poorer really if I returned them and got my money back.

I also checked with our friends and family who had already given us some early "congrats" gifts -- I wanted to return them to them so they could get their money back. But they all said the same thing--to give them away to anyone else I knew who was pregnant or to donate them to charity. (Aren't they sweet?) I checked with some of the women I know who are currently pregnant to see if they wanted any of the items, but they also liked the idea of donating the items to parents who really need them--they all have family and friends to shower them with gifts when their babies are born. Some parents aren't as fortunate. So, I think that is one of the better ideas I've had. And I can't wait to donate them next week.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 12-31-2006 at 05:27 PM.

I'm blaming it on you all.
    Hey, my cookies burned down to hell. I'm suffering too.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2191395;
    Hey, my cookies burned down to hell. I'm suffering too.
    Ha ha! I hear ya!

Lois Lane: What a beautiful thing to do with not only your and hubby's clothes, but the baby things as well That is very thoughtful and kind to give to other moms who may be in need.

After reading about everyone's cooking troubles, I'm of the mind to defrost something today! Like a pizza.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2191401;
    After reading about everyone's cooking troubles, I'm of the mind to defrost something today! Like a pizza.
    miskitty, are you feeling well enough to eat again?!! I will have to go check the Animal Lovers thread to see how Gracie is doing.

Actually, the cranberry pudding is a steamed pudding, so when it was done I took off the cover and let extra moisture escape and it turned out fine. Anything with that sauce on it would be luscious!
    Count your blessings!

Yes, the curse is over. You can all get back in the kitchen. Last night, not only did I manage not to burn anything, everything was delicious! When I have a second, I'll post the Caramelized onions and cranberries on Brie wheel that was my favorite.

Lois, what a thoughtful thing it is to give to those that need it.

MRD
    Lois, that is a wonderful thing to do to donate those items. I work with the homeless program in our church and back in Oct., we had a mom with a 6 week old baby we were helping and I know that there are people out there that need what you donated.

On another note: want to give a big shout out to Auburn! Despite the fact that they caused our only loss in football this year, they were able to defeat the Cornhuskers in today's Cotton Bowl. I pull for Auburn when they aren't playing us as I have some good friends that went there and other reasons I like them, but was glad to see them pull this out as I had hoped to have the chance to replay them in the conference and they got pushed out of the conference and we played Arkansas instead.
    And that game helped us pass a long, boring afternoon in the Emergency room today, so grateful for that as well. (see troubles thread for more on the ER)

So Go TIGERS!!!!!

Now just waiting for the BIG game a week from today!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

O-h-i-o

+ Reply to Thread