+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

We have TWC in my area, but I saw a Comcast pickup truck driving down the apartment driveway. The driver probably lives here, but it gave me a start after reading this thread. Cox is in south Orange County, CA while TWC has the rest.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    So did they move their call center about 10,000 miles east to New Delhi like many companies are doing?
    That may be the next step after the current one. For now, as I understand it, they're moving to "cheap" towns.
    A lot of San Diegans are getting screwed as, I'm sure, are others.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    So did they move their call center about 10,000 miles east to New Delhi like many companies are doing?
    My goodness, I cant understand them they cant understand me. What a challenge it is to get any questions answered.
    cablejockey and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    That may be the next step after the current one. For now, as I understand it, they're moving to "cheap" towns.
    A lot of San Diegans are getting screwed — as, I'm sure, are others.
    You are right Ellen. They closed that call center down and I understand it was around 500 people who are getting laid off. Wichita, Ks. is one of the Centers for Excellence. There is one in Texas and they kept the Phoenix, Az one and Oklahoma City kept their office but it is the sales department. There are a few others but can't remember them off the top of my head. The only people who didn't get the lay off in Tulsa was retention, business and technicians. They aren't guaranteed.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As usual, it's Monday and it's an academic snow day. The cycle is amazing. What a mess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

People, keep in mind that we "spring forward" this Sunday, March 9! That's a bunch of bull, IMO.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    People, keep in mind that we "spring forward" this Sunday, March 9!
    Snow melts faster with the longer daylight after the time change, right? right?

I usually 'stagger forward' with the time change. Getting up in the morning is hard with the new time! Its too soon--didnt we used to do this later in the month?

I think it used to be April.

We get up at 5. One of our cats starts muttering by around 4. I hope he's fooled for a while.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

One of the many joys of living in Arizona. We don't change clocks . . . the last thing we need in the summertime is an extra hour of daylight. LOL.

+ Reply to Thread