+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6436Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

ninnie, sorry to hear about your sister's job peril. Cox has gone down hill lately, so I hope she finds something better.
    nennie likes this.

Cox may be going downhill with programming, but going uphill with rate increases.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Cox may be going downhill with programming, but going uphill with rate increases.
    March 1st is a rate increase. I am sure most of their business eventually will be outsourced. Some of it is now. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually don't sell out. My sister made good money with them but over the last 2 years trying to meet the stats they required became harder and harder. She worked in billing but was required to have a certain amount of sales per month and also have customer satisfaction. Then having to deal with customers cussing you out and calling you names because they didn't like their bills and wasn't paying on time. She has been called all kinds of names and one even called my mama a name. I can say I have heard some of the funniest stories told to her by some of the good customers.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Well, they have to find some way to pay for that annoying actor who plays "Paul" in their commercials. I use my mute button a lot on their commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Well, they have to find some way to pay for that annoying actor who plays "Paul" in their commercials. I use my mute button a lot on their commercials.
    AZ they closed the Tuscon call center the other day too. More jobs lost.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

So did they move their call center about 10,000 miles east to New Delhi like many companies are doing?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Cox is moving jobs to "Centers of Excellence" throughout the US. One of those is here in Baton Rouge, where I live. I have questions about the "excellence" part. Four years ago or so, post a big storm, they were out here the day I called that the line was down. It now takes them a week to fix a line after a tiny storm (ergo, not much damage throughout the town) and the guy who came out was all "whatevs....so there's a line blocking your driveway, what do you want me to do about it?". Sad to say, a week is better response time than anything the alternative, AT&T, is willing to do.

Like PhoneGrrrl said they are moving the jobs to Centers of Excellence. Tulsa call center was the best rated for customer satisfaction and retention of customers in the region it was in and they closed it. The only reason my sister thinks for keeping them the 60 days is because the rate increase went into affect and they need the staff at this moment to deal with it. Again she believes they will sell out or outsource the jobs out. Comcast just bought Time Warner and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't sell to them in the future. Sad to say but Cox has the best internet service in our area so I will keep that but my phone and cable I could get just as good of service with Dish or Direct tv or even AT&T. Depends on the one who gives the best deal.

It's a shame that in many areas you don't have choices so you can dump a company you are pi**ed at. I love my Comcast TV-Phone-Internet bundle. That, along with a Smart TV, gives me access to just about anything I could want. Just wish it wasn't so expensive. But AT&T/Uverse is also offered in our area, and of course the Dish TV and Direct TV. But I really don't want a dish on my house if I don't have to.

Sorry, nennie, about your sister. I hope it all works out in the end for her and her little ones.

I am not mad at Cox but the rates have become so high that I may decide to look elsewhere and also with my sister working at Cox I always knew the specials going on. She also was able to get me service/repair fast if I was having trouble. I am going to check and see if AT&T U-verse is available in my area. My daughter has that and likes it. I don't want a dish on my house again either. We had that for years. With cable we can have it in every room but with Dish or Direct I think you are limited to a certain amount. I personally hate change so I may see what I can get them to offer me once my deal is up. With the rate increase they will be looking to keep people so I may have to make a call to the retention department.

Thanks for all the concerns for my sister. She will make it but will be tough for awhile.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread