+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5836Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I've never understood why "bosses" didn't take on the positive mentality that they are there to get the employees through something....not to harass them. When I was supervisory and training people, I always figured that it would make my job easier to make their jobs easier. If I knew easy tricks, I would gladly pass them on rather than see people miserable and frustrated. I helped them; they helped me. Of course, there will always be personality conflicts, but you've got to figure your way through them. Not everybody is cut out to do every job. If they leave, maybe that's for the best. McDonald's is usually hiring!
    Kip and Lil Bit like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay - That's EXACTLY what I said yesterday when someone asked if this girl had found a job yet. Not that there's anything *wrong* with working at McDonald's. But, IMO, there IS something wrong with quitting a job without giving it an honest chance, and there IS something wrong with quitting a job without having a backup plan. Especially when you and your boyfriend just bought a house and therefore you have house payments that have to be made.

The rude trainer belittled me in front of a customer yesterday. I took it in stride, but I have to wonder if he was aware enough to notice the reaction he received from the customer I was helping. She made a comment to me after he walked away about what a jerk he seemed to be. I just smiled and told her to have a nice day. I'm a firm believer in taking the high road when possible.
    Kip and PGM35 like this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Gutmutter, I did some heavy lifting of boxes of books and 55 pound computers in the last few days at my job and was worried about messing up my back as I had to pick up the computers off the ground! I feel fortunate for not hurting myself. When I've hurt my back, it is usually just something very small, a twist of my back that is just off a little bit while I move the wrong way. I feel for you. Have you iced it? Those heat packs that stick on or wrap might feel good at this point, too. They have helped me on day 2 of that kind of pain.

Lil Bit, I have been going through changes at my school that are unnerving. There is a new custodian that is trying to control all things that are in the school. He's riled many of the staff with his aggressive style. He first whacked all the beautiful Rhododendrons on the campus so when I walk out my library door, I see a big blank ugly wall and a few pathetic plants that may not bloom for 3 years. And now he is trying to move and help troubleshoot technology in the classrooms, which is my job. It is making me a little crazy. But I am trying to take it in stride and not get too worked up about it. It is good to ride it out, but hard not to be annoyed at the same time. Hopefully your trainer will be leaving soon and things will settle down and that this company you are working for will be a good one eventually.
    Kip likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is the African saying: If you educate a man, you educate an individual. If you educate a woman, you educate a nation.

A lot of men are busy feeling threatened that their knowledge will be stolen. Women, generally, want to share what they know.
    Kip likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My sisters company, Cox Communication came in wednesday and told them they were closing the call center and she would be without a job in 60 days. They also closed one in San Diego which had lots of jobs there and some more in other states. They are going to centralized call centers calling them the centers of excellency. Yea that's a crock of malarky. My sister is 14 months from retiring. That stinks because she adopted and is raising her 12 and 10 year old grandchildren. Sad to say but employers could care less about employees. Cox' mandatory stats you have to make has gotten to be so hard people couldn't do it. It became so stressful to work for them and my sister was looking forward to retirement. She can transfer to the out of state one but at her age it isn't feasible. Sometimes life stinks.
    Punkin, Kip and PhoneGrrrl like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Ah, nennie. I hate these stories. At least when the closures happened to me I was younger, single and could adapt. I hurt for her being so close and losing it all.
    prhoshay likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm not a fan of ice. I've been using a hot water bottle. I guess I will take some pain meds if it gets worse, but I'm done with all the Sat. chores that involve lifting (dump and groceries). I'm planning on spending the rest of the day with my Kindle. Maybe do some dishes. I need to do laundry, but I think I'll let that go until tomorrow.
    Count your blessings!

That's the thing with laundry and other chores... they always wait for you.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Like stringing beads on a thread that has no knot.
    Punkin, Kip, PGM35 and 2 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Okay, I did it. My mother's cousin in Illinois is turning 100 in two weeks. I'm flying out for her little party at the assisted living center. So, all of you guys in Illinois, please try to arrange for some good weather for me. She's a very young-at-heart lady. When she was last out visiting us in California - about 2005 - my daughter, in college at the time, admired her new skirt and wanted to get one like it! She had been dancing regularly up until about two years ago. When I talked to her a few months ago, she said she was on a bowling team! I couldn't believe it. Then she explained to me it was Wii bowling.
    Punkin, Ellen, Arielflies and 4 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread